Give me ideas for nightops

ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
edited January 2011 in Man Cave
I'm looking to get in to nightops but I don't really have many specific targets. There's storm drains near my house I'm going to OP, any other ideas? One night I resorted to ding dong ditching. :facepalm:

Comments

• edited July 2010
    How many Ops have you been on before?

Give us experience details, etc.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Ding Dong Ditching? That shit is pussy. Ding Dong Fire is manly as fuck.

I just go into apartment building and look for pools, exits, entrances, etc if I'm ever on the run from something or someone.
  • edited July 2010
    Usually, if I run out of ideas, ill just go for an OP around where I live, doing a circle of the town or whatever and then returning home, undetected.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    How many Ops have you been on before?

Give us experience details, etc.

Three ops.

Op #1 was actually pretty sweet. I was protesting ageism at the local lake that banned minors from going so I planted a sign comparing the owner of the homeowners association that made the decision to Hitler, and it stayed up for a week.

Op #2 I was going to op the storm drains, but somebody saw me near the area so I went elsewhere and ding dong ditched.

Op #3 was epic fail last night. I was going to op the storm drains, got to the drains undetected and my fucking flashlight died. I checked it right before I left too. Bad luck. I guess I'll try it again later though. I'm pretty determined to op the storm drains and possibly take pics.

Also keep in mind I live in a suburban area with nothing but houses and two schools for miles around.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2010
    Go abandoned house diving.
  • edited July 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    Three ops.

Op #1 was actually pretty sweet. I was protesting ageism at the local lake that banned minors from going so I planted a sign comparing the owner of the homeowners association that made the decision to Hitler, and it stayed up for a week.

Op #2 I was going to op the storm drains, but somebody saw me near the area so I went elsewhere and ding dong ditched.

Op #3 was epic fail last night. I was going to op the storm drains, got to the drains undetected and my fucking flashlight died. I checked it right before I left too. Bad luck. I guess I'll try it again later though. I'm pretty determined to op the storm drains and possibly take pics.

Sucks about the flashlight man. Try again next time, and remember to double check your equipment, preparing for anything to happen.

How about doing some recon on the storm drains? Unless you want to dive straight in, and just go in there.
  • InsurrectionInsurrection Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Well its not fully Night Ops but infiltration is fucking sick! Just see how far you can get in office buildings and whatnot.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Sucks about the flashlight man. Try again next time, and remember to double check your equipment, preparing for anything to happen.

How about doing some recon on the storm drains? Unless you want to dive straight in, and just go in there.

Already done all the recon I need for the storm drains.
  • grayboygrayboy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    For fun or profit? Or both ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Suburbs are pretty teh gay for night ops, the downtown area around here is pretty damn nice with lots of stairs and rooftops, but then again I am afraid of getting teh busted.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    grayboy wrote: »
    For fun or profit? Or both ;)

Fun and/or profit. Both of them are pretty cool.
  • edited July 2010
    I've only ever done ops for fun. Something about them just seems so thrilling, it's good enough for me :P
  • AtLeast2TitzAtLeast2Titz New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    Are you in possession of any explosive ordinances? let us say, for example, that you may have bottle rockets or M-88s...them always make for fun nights.
    Them or ROMAN CANDLES. I have memories...oh and if you DO have at least sparklers, a wick, and a film canister-- i can help you out ;)
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited December 2010
    Been a while. So I found a construction site that looks like it's worth oping. They're building a large house about a mile away so I figure I should OP there tonight. Anybody have any ideas, other than just taking pictures and chilling? I don't want to cause too much damage to it. This is mostly just a practice op.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    Run around and shit in peoples pools.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    This would be both lulzy and worthwhile.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited December 2010
    SWIM has burned many acres of a forest floor, tried to burn down a church but the fire started beneath a water main which burst, burned down a fuckton of haybails to which the smoke and glow could be seen for miles and spraypainted Totse.info/bbs on many random churches and cars and community buildings.

Remember to wear good running shoes. Take only what you need and have an escape route and get home safe plan.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm looking to get in to nightops but I don't really have many specific targets. There's storm drains near my house I'm going to OP, any other ideas? One night I resorted to ding dong ditching. :facepalm:

Is thou proficient in HALO jumping? If so, the world is the oyster of thou, or at least, the oyster of Rolf that thou is able to enjoy with a low chance of being detected by those smufti asscunts, states Rolf.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited December 2010
    Take some AGM golf cart batteries? Be prepared, they are like 70lbs each.
    But they're worth $100 resale.
  • edited December 2010
    Been a while. So I found a construction site that looks like it's worth oping. They're building a large house about a mile away so I figure I should OP there tonight. Anybody have any ideas, other than just taking pictures and chilling? I don't want to cause too much damage to it. This is mostly just a practice op.

Did you get to do this in the end? If yes, I want pictures.
  • edited January 2011

Bring lock picks or boltcutters.... Steal power tools. If the site is large enough to warrant having a site office, you might score some electronics.
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited January 2011
    Get on top of buildings. That's all you need to do. Find a shopping centre, plaza, etc. And find a way to get up on each and every building there. Obviously it'll be a work in progress. I dunno if it'll help your stealth skills or anything, but it's a helluva lot of fun. Watching the sunrise from a roof is completely different to watching the sunrise from the ground, trust me.
  • edited January 2011
    Get on top of buildings. That's all you need to do. Find a shopping centre, plaza, etc. And find a way to get up on each and every building there. Obviously it'll be a work in progress. I dunno if it'll help your stealth skills or anything, but it's a helluva lot of fun. Watching the sunrise from a roof is completely different to watching the sunrise from the ground, trust me.

Climbing is awesome.

Have a plan of action before you go - plan some routes, plan escape routes, and even more plans in case the previous ones fail. Try and stick to your plan, get the job done as quickly, silently and as efficiently as possible.
  • edited January 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »

This, but with mailboxes instead of pools.

And snakes instead of poop.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited January 2011
    You could always try starting a street sign collection.
  • Tenage wastelandTenage wasteland New Arrival
    edited January 2011
    I love night ops, I used to go out to the country and raid old barns and abandon houses.
    we got shot at once or twice and were within arms reach of the angry man that owned one place.
    Once i went into a construction site and was just looking around when i walked right into the same room with some dude, i ran away lol.
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited January 2011
    You could always try starting a street sign collection.

That's probably the best idea in this thread. Also, if word catches on to the right people, I lknow a few guys around my place that will pay up to $50 for some street signs. I made $135 in one night just through taking keep left, give way and a few street name signs. Good, easy shit.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Are there any building projects round you? Scope them out in the day. Look for CCTV, guards etc. Set yourself a challenge.

n1469545182300429233856.jpg

Yes that's me.
  • edited January 2011
    ^ Holy shit RemadE, were you on tM? I remember that picture posted from a night-ops story which was on there. Post the whole thing here, it was brilliant :D
  • edited January 2011

Totally unrelated to night ops, but better than ding dong ditching is to ring somebodies house phone in the middle of the night. Give it 10 minutes or so till you know they'll be back in bed and do it again, for the whole night. Night after night. :thumbsup:

Food for thought; what's the difference between a night op and an urbex trip at night?
  • edited January 2011
    Food for thought; what's the difference between a night op and an urbex trip at night?

Urbex is simply going out at night and exploring somewhere. You may not have a plan to go by, and it's more "freestyle". You just go with the flow.

Night ops tend to have stricter planning involved, with additional tasks and mission strategies. You set out on an op with a mission plan, you complete objectives and tasks while remaining undetected. You then must return back to base undetected, hidden in the shadows of the night.
  • edited January 2011
    Urbex is simply going out at night and exploring somewhere. You may not have a plan to go by, and it's more "freestyle". You just go with the flow.

Night ops tend to have stricter planning involved, with additional tasks and mission strategies. You set out on an op with a mission plan, you complete objectives and tasks while remaining undetected. You then must return back to base undetected, hidden in the shadows of the night.

Urbex trips can be pretty sophisticated and planned out, where night ops can be chilled and spontaneous too.
  • edited January 2011
    I suppose it depends on the individual and the way they like to do things. I'm just speaking with personal experience here - I like my Night Ops to be planned to the tee :D