How to store LSD for long periods of time?

DailyDaily Regular
edited March 2011 in Man Cave
Sheets.

The three things which are detrimental to the potency of LSD is heat, light and oxygen, right?

So what if I was to put the sheets in between a book, wrap it in a plastic bag, then wrap it in tinfoil and then put it in the freezer. Would that be cool? Or would condensation be an issue?

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Daily wrote: »
    Sheets.

The three things which are detrimental to the potency of LSD is heat, light and oxygen, right?

So what if I was to put the sheets in between a book, wrap it in a plastic bag, then wrap it in tinfoil and then put it in the freezer. Would that be cool? Or would condensation be an issue?

Why not just a ziploc baggy with a desiccant pouch (like the kind you find in everything that has DO NOT EAT printed on it), and put it in your closet.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited March 2011
    The freezer is ideal. Wrap it up in foil then plastic. Good to go. I saved a 10 strip for two years in this manner and it was still great when I finally used it.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Saran Wrap then wrap in foil then cover in wax then freeze.
  • edited March 2011
    Sheets.

I was thinking something like that.

If you put a desiccant in the bag with the wrapped book, I think you'd be set for a while.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited March 2011
    I was thinking something like that.

If you put a desiccant in the bag with the wrapped book, I think you'd be set for a while.

Can you elaborate on this? So I just like open one of those desiccant pouches and place the little crystals around the book?
  • edited March 2011
    Can you elaborate on this? So I just like open one of those desiccant pouches and place the little crystals around the book?

I'm not an expert on storing LSD by any means, but if humidity is the worry, adding a packet of silica gel (Just drop the packet in the bag with the book the same way it's dropped in boxes or bags with various products at the store) should stave it off.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Saran Wrap then wrap in foil then cover in wax then freeze.

Seriously everyone, I worked with some cats back in the 80's who bought a half a million hits at a time, this^.