Sleep walking, talking, driving and sex

PennywisePennywise Regular
edited April 2011 in Life
This morning I woke up to find my room in a total mess. I found my phone on the floor, next to the charger, but not plugged into it. Next to my phone I found the cord for my mushroom lamp that I use everynight. I began to plug it back into the wall, however I find that my charger moved from its lower position to the upper position, so I couldnt plug my lamp in.

I thought that someone in the house was messing with me. As I went around and asked everyone if they had been in my room, all responces were no. As I looked closer, found that I text someone for a few hours or so.

I had no recolection of anything that had occured since I went to bed. Then I remember that my phramacy gave me a piece of paper on my sleep medication, Temazepam. It says that sometimes a person can wake up after falling asleep, go make something to eat, talk on the phone, drive a car, have sex, and not remember anything they did. You can have a clear conversation with someone and still be asleep. That is scarey. Just the thought of me driving while asleep makes me not want to take these any more.

So have any of you taken Temazepam and woke up while you were still asleep. And im talking to the ones that realised what happened the next day.
:eek:

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    I've never taken Temazepam but I was prescribed Ambien for about 2 years. It has the same reports as your talking about. I never sleep walked but the blackouts that it would cause were about the same. Literally I could have burned down a house and not remembered a damn thing.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited March 2011
    I've never taken Temazepam but I do suffer from Somniloquy or more commonly known as taking in my sleep and I've been known to sit up and look at people while asleep.

I know that there are severe cases of people doing all of the actions mentioned in the title but I believe that it's generally rare to go all out past the first two activities.

Regardless, mention it to your doctor and in the mean time the general consensus from .org sites is to make sure there's nothing readily accessible in your room that you might trip over or hurt yourself in the meantime.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited March 2011
    Hook me up with some of that! It'd be pretty interesting to see what I'd do on auto-pilot.
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited March 2011
    Maybe the same, but I experience night-terrors about once a month. Where I think that I am awake, but I am still dreaming. Many of the dreams are of me being attacked by the most weird things....last night it was a metal letter T.

I have broken a lamp, kicked and hit the person sleeping next to me, bruised my arms up beating on furniture (at least, that is my guess) been so scared that I am literally shaking when I finally wake up. Shit sucks.
  • edited March 2011
    Wow. I've never taken that shit, but it sounds interesting. The idea of me getting up in the middle of the night and doing things is a little odd though - I'd be worried that I'd do something completely dumb or embarrassing, which I couldn't ever live down. Sounds really interesting though, OP. If you ever have another experience, I'd love to hear it :D
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited March 2011
    new daterape? :hai:
  • starfox223starfox223 Regular
    edited March 2011
    I think i've only sleep walked once...and everyone told me i used my cousins tooth brush. Thank God i don't remember.
  • edited March 2011
    ^ Oh god, that would fucking suck. I have a weird thing with using other people's toothbrushes/them using mine. Now I'm super glad this hasn't happened to myself :thumbsup:
  • PennywisePennywise Regular
    edited April 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Wow. I've never taken that shit, but it sounds interesting. The idea of me getting up in the middle of the night and doing things is a little odd though - I'd be worried that I'd do something completely dumb or embarrassing, which I couldn't ever live down. Sounds really interesting though, OP. If you ever have another experience, I'd love to hear it :D

Woke up the other night face down in the carpet with my phone in my hand. lol
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    this thread is all WHOA!

Record yourselves?
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    In over words same as being drunk, you cant remember a thing and people tell you what you did the next day lol :)