Doctor Who

TraumTraum Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Forgive me if this thread has already been started, I skimmed through about 20 pages and didn't see it, so either it's not there, or I just didn't see it.

I was just curious as to whom enjoys this TV saga. It's one of, if not my all time, favorite TV shows.

I don't find people very often who enjoy this show around where I live, other than a few close like minded friends. Although while living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area about six months I did happen across a man with a homemade TARDIS in his backyard which was pretty awesome.

Comments

• Ad NauseamAd Nauseam Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    It's always been a bit of fun on a Saturday evening....though I must admit the newest series has been grating on my nerves somewhat, which is a shame because I think Matt Smith's really good I just hate the assistant he's got. It doesn't look set to change any time soon either. Ah, well.

Summary: Good show, past it's Golden Age though.
  • TraumTraum Regular
    edited March 2011
    They have had some very good episodes but as a whole I'd have to agree with you. It seems to be going somewhat stale now.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited March 2011
    Im a fan of the new series but I haven't seen any of the older series. I also didn't see the latest episode. I like Matt Smith but yeah Amy Pond is a not my favorite companion. She's better than Donna through half of the 4th.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited March 2011
    I like the series. sci-fi is a dying genre on TV.

I've only ever seen the episodes from David Tennant and onwards though..
  • edited March 2011
    I like the series. sci-fi is a dying genre on TV.

I've only ever seen the episodes from David Tennant and onwards though..

This is a sad but true fact, a few years ago we had; Farscape, ST.Voyager, Firefly, Andromeda, and a half dozen others. Now it's all paranormal jerkoff shit and vampire douchebaggery. Stargate Universe is getting better, and I hope they don't get cancelled.

Doctor Who occupies a semi religious position in my television life, I have been a fan for as long as I can remember, I would save 2 weeks allowance just to buy a new book when one came out. I love the new series, Christopher Eccleston got it off to a great start, and finally put some weight into the role. The guys a fucking immortal semi-diety for fucks sake, he should show some balls now and then. Tom Baker was the best of the old Doctors, in my opinion.

I had a T shirt made with "Bad Wolf" on it, and have seriously considered a TARDIS tattoo. The single piece of fan merchandise I own is a sonic screwdriver replica, and I am only mildly ashamed to say I cried a little at the end of season 2. When they finally brought back The Master I called in sick so I could watch the conclusion. Yes indeed, if I were ever to consider myself a "fan" of anything, Doctor Who would be it.

I hope next season is as good as the rest, and I hope they remix the theme song back closer to the original. That theme is like a shot of good drugs, and lets me know that for the next hour or so I have no troubles, and am off to adventure with the Doctor.

The format allows for constant creative shifts and unlimited variety, one of the reasons I hope it sticks around for a long time. Torchwood on the other hand would have been better if they hadn't tried so very hard to be so fucking emo fag friendly, whomever wrote that shit should never set foot in Cardiff, bet they would lynch him. Captain Jack is a great character, but he loses contrast if everyone else is fucking anything that moves. There is another spinoff too, one I caught in a season 4 episode, is it any good?, it hasn't made it to TV over here, but I could always p2p it if it's any good.

C/O
    "firmly in touch with my inner nerd now, 'Waters of Mars' sounds good for insomniac viewing tonight"
  • edited March 2011
    A little something for this thread.