J.O.B: Journey of the broke.

LethargicaLethargica Regular
edited April 2011 in Life
Remember that saying?? Where people tell you "If your friend jumped off a bridge, would you jump to??"

Well..you are! Society is constantly telling you to jump off bridges!! Many of us have done it! How?? It's because you were told to get a J.O.B:hai:

Jokes aside, you will never get far by working your whole life. You need to have MULTIPLE streams of income in order to be Wealthy..but what is that? let me give you a comparison

Rich vs Wealthy

A rich person is someone with a lot of money but with no purpose. A good example are the high money earners from being a doctor, nurse, lawyer, engineer etc. IT'S COOL AND ALL, making that much money, even though tax brackets are 48.2% making 100k(which means you are working half of the time for free), I can GUARANTEE YOU, that man is not happy.

A wealthy person, on the other hand has a lot of money like the rich man, but lives a stress free life. Able to spend money as if he had a bottomless bank account. A person who is wealthy does have meaning behind his money and enjoys the precious freedom in his/her life.

But how does one achieve wealth?

A summary of Rich Dad Poor Dad tells us the true secret to wealth. There are 3 classes, Each class uses money for different purposes! here is the summary:

Lower Class:well..they like video games..new rims..pokemon cards..these poor class people just like to buy STUFF. These people do not know how to use their money, so they just purchase things that are simply short term

Middle Class: More money=more options, these people want to buy some of the big things in life..cars, houses, girlfriends..all of those things are LIABILITIES. Basically, money that gets drained every month

Upper Class: These people, are lazy, just like you and me, in fact, they are more lazier than you will ever be. Why? they spend money on ASSETS. Basically money making machines which do not require them to be present. This is why the poorer get poorer and the richer get richer.

So..why not just take advantage of what the government has given us:CAPITALISM. Capitalist have HUGE incentives from the government and could make more money than trading hours to dollars. Normal way is normal pay in this world, but if you are that 5% who are crazy, you will be rewarded with crazy pay..LUDICROUS PAY:p..but ONLY if you truly believe that you can do it.

Do you actually believe a job is easier to do than owning an asset?
Owning an asset may punch you in the short term. But do you know what hurts more?

Punching in the clock
Working for 30-40 years and retiring with almost nothing
Fighting through traffic
Timed lunches
No freedom

And most importantly, you are working on someone's dreams. You are working for someone's retirement. Stop listening to what society is telling you and do something uncomfortable today, so you can be comfortable for the rest of your lifetime.

Comments

• mmmpatientmmmpatient Semo-Regulars
    edited April 2011
    Actually use this mindset for obtaining funds in college. I make more money than most college students simply by remembering to ALWAYS hustle. (seriously, not to sound gangster)

Through craigslist alone I make somewhere around 2-300 a month with about 4 hours invested. Then there are always those less reputable income streams (much more lucrative).
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    mmmpatient wrote: »
    Actually use this mindset for obtaining funds in college. I make more money than most college students simply by remembering to ALWAYS hustle. (seriously, not to sound gangster)

Through craigslist alone I make somewhere around 2-300 a month with about 4 hours invested. Then there are always those less reputable income streams (much more lucrative).

We my friend are the survivors of this crazy world.

I would Hustle rather than work an average life joe job and let some

fuck run my show. :cool: