Suggestion: Auto-subscribe to threads you posted in

AmieAmie Regular
edited March 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Zoklet does this, and I actually really like it, it provides a quick way to check what threads you posted in have replies, without always having to manually subscribe.

Could this be implemented here? Or would it cause a server overload? Or is it just a setting I havn't found in my CP?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Isn't this already in effect? I swear it used to be, at least. And there's no chance of a server overload here dude, Vineman's shit is tight.
  • KraneKrane Regular
    edited March 2011
    I hate that feature lol, the supscription list get cluttered.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited March 2011
    Krane wrote: »
    I hate that feature lol, the supscription list get cluttered.

I could see this annoying some.
    Is there a way to make auto-subscribing an option?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    In your user CP under Edit Options/Messaging & Notification/Default Thread Subscription Mode you may choose between the following options.
    • Do Not Subcribe which will mean you will have to manually subscribe to threads using the Thread Tools/Subcribe to this Thread option available at the top of every thread.
    • No Email Notification which will add all threads you post in to your subsciption list.
    • Instant email notification which will generate an email with a link every time there is a response in thread you created or have posted in.
    • Daily email notification which will send you list with links every 24 hours of thread you have created or posted in which have been responded to for that day.
    • Weekly email notification which behaves like Daily email notification but on a weekly schedule.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Default setting already is set to No Email Notification which will add all threads you post in to your subsciption list. I think this was implemented back in 2010.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    Auto subscription has been here since the forums opened? :confused:
    edited March 2011
    It is part of VB I believe, and can be enabled or disabled and configured in the admin CP if I am not mistaken.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd prefer auto subscribe was not on by default, and I think I actually had to turn it off when I first registered here.
    edited March 2011
    ^You can't please everyone, and if it is enabled something has to be set to default.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited March 2011
    I hadn't found that setting, and it wasn't enabled in my account. Didn't disable it AFAIK.

Anyway, thanks, guys.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    ^You can't please everyone, and if it is enabled something has to be set to default.

This is true. If I only posted every once in a while and wanted to follow the particular discussion at hand it would make sense to have it enabled.
  • edited March 2011
    Personally I never use the feature. I don't see any point in subscribing to threads, as they're easily found later on with either a quick search or just clicking in the relevant forum section. For the most part, I just use the New Posts button to reply to threads. If they're good enough to be subscribed to, they'll have been bumped by the next time I visit the forums ;)