A quick question about TERRORISTS

So In the U.S., the date of the terror attacks is 9/11, and in Britain it's 7/7

Do they just choose memorable dates so they'll stick in our minds? Or is it because they want us to avoid public transit those days so they can have it all to themselves?

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    Why are those dates anymore memorable than any other dates?
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Never heard of 7/7
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    Why are those dates anymore memorable than any other dates?

In America, the government and media quickly adopted the term "Nine-Eleven" to refer to the terror attacks. It happened to be catchy I guess, and the Brits must have followed this precedent if they have used the name "Seven-Seven" the same way we've used "Nine-Eleven."
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Seven seven doesn't flow too nicely. Maybe it does for you brits with your disgusting nasal fucked accent.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm not a brit thanks...

Still though, they must choose the dates for a reason, and not just randomly be liek, 'hey, its april 19, 2054... Let's go burn some citizens.'

And if you're asking me why they're memorable, I don't really know.... there's probably an ingenious Freudian explanation, but that's not really saying much... As Freudian answers to questions tend to be ingenious... If nattin' else. However, they do happen to stick in my mind more than many other dates.

However, when confronted with the above statements, I can feel the precursor to adult onset retardation emerging from my keyboard. Oh well...
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    How many licks does it take to get to the center of a totsie roll pop?

its questions like this we may never know the true answers for.