disc golf

MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
anyone ever play it? like it? game is fun and relaxing man.

Comments

• jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited April 2011
    I played it once or twice when i was 13 or so.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    lots of people play it here, bring some bud and beers and chunk discs at the park.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited April 2011
    lots of people play it here, bring some bud and beers and chunk discs at the park.

where is here?
  • GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
    edited April 2011
    where is here?

good question. lots of people play it "here" in utah but they are also mormon FUCKS and play ultimate frisbee also. fuggots
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    Ultimate frisbee is kind of fun, I played it once.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited April 2011
    I was going to say . . .Glorified frisbee
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    There's a nice big park with a disc golf course several minutes from my house. Good stuff :thumbsup:
  • edited April 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    There's a nice big park with a disc golf course several minutes from my house. Good stuff :thumbsup:

My attempts to track the elusive Mayberry get another clue, I will recognize you because as you have stated, you are Chinese, and there are very few Chinese around here.

Q.E. park is one of my favorite places, and I have played the course there, I just showed up with my trusty Frisbee brand frisbee, and played with some cool folks, good for drives, not so good on the short game. Glad they didn't shut down the Conservatory, that weird chicken always comes right up to me, and I once got a handful of fresh dates from one of the gardeners.

Back on topic, disc golf is great, and given any good sized open space with some terrain and a handful of flags on posts it is easy to set up your own course. Significant practice with a frisbee is advised, there is a bit of a trick to getting a level toss off, but anyone can get it down with a dozen hours of practice.

C/O
    "little white balls are for Scots, office jockeys, and underwear"
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    I cant through the fucking disc more than 100 yrds.

what gives?

Its fun sometimes, but my accuracy is that of a 4 year old.

Im serious i'd rather suck dick than play this game
  • edited April 2011
    I cant through the fucking disc more than 100 yrds.

what gives?

Its fun sometimes, but my accuracy is that of a 4 year old.

Im serious i'd rather suck dick than play this game

The accuracy comes from the spin you put on the disc, if you half ass throw it, the wind takes it and it goes haywire.

I would much rather play this game than suck dick.
    edited April 2011
    ^^^ lol

I need to play sober.

I was always fucked up when i tried this game.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    My attempts to track the elusive Mayberry get another clue, I will recognize you because as you have stated, you are Chinese, and there are very few Chinese around here.

Q.E. park is one of my favorite places, and I have played the course there, I just showed up with my trusty Frisbee brand frisbee, and played with some cool folks, good for drives, not so good on the short game. Glad they didn't shut down the Conservatory, that weird chicken always comes right up to me, and I once got a handful of fresh dates from one of the gardeners.

You've narrowed me down enough that a small nuke would kill me :o
    edited April 2011
    i'm horrible when i'm drunk and playing. you need to release properly bhd for accuracy, or just roll your disc a good 150 yds.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    I would consider myself an active, but not "avid" disc golfer. I do manage to get out a couple of times a week as long as my schedule permits, and really enjoy the very CHEAP recreation this sport can provide. I especially like the ruggedness some of the courses can provide you, as this isn't an activity for yuppies or people looking for a "clean" experience.

And like so many others said, its a great place to blaze and enjoy nature....although some disc parks are so notorious they are actually "known" by the police to be active drug hangouts. Hell, if you look hard enough on some tee boxes, you just might find the roach of a recently finished blunt that was just enjoyed by the people in front of you. :D

2 things about the sport I find to be quite funny....one obvious, the other not so obvious.....

1) The guys that take it WAY too seriously, and actually go out and buy a bag to hold their discs in while they play the course. My friends and I call them "fag bags", because its the typical elitist type of thing to do to make yourself appear better with all the fluff and whistles. First off, you only need about 4 or 5 discs to really play a course well (which can be easily carried from hole to hole), and shit like a water bottler or towel/bandana can easily be carried in your pocket in some cargo pants. Whatever the case.....its fun watching all these attention whores walking around with their little purses filled with their discs, and then spend so much time looking for a "dry spot" to put their bag down on while they shoot.

2)Its amazing when they built some of these course how a lot of these parks are intermingled with walking paths for other people, so oftentimes you are throwing right near the vicinity of other innocent people. Sometimes these are even blind throws over trees or dog legs around bends, so there is a real chance to hit the eldery, children, mom's walking their babies in strollers.....all kinds of calamity and fun can happen when mixing disc golf with people trying to enjoy a casual stroll. :thumbsup:

If you live in the USA, here is a great website for Disc Golf....complete with course reviews, maps, tips, etc.....

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/
  • edited April 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »

2)Its amazing when they built some of these course how a lot of these parks are intermingled with walking paths for other people, so oftentimes you are throwing right near the vicinity of other innocent people. Sometimes these are even blind throws over trees or dog legs around bends, so there is a real chance to hit the eldery, children, mom's walking their babies in strollers.....all kinds of calamity and fun can happen when mixing disc golf with people trying to enjoy a casual stroll. :thumbsup:

Yeah, this is a problem at the course I go to, I try not to toss if there is someone walking through, but I once had a wild toss land near some dude out walking with his kids, and he got pretty pissy about it. I left a suggestion for more signage, but I'm not optomistic as the course is in a very heavily used park.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, this is a problem at the course I go to, I try not to toss if there is someone walking through, but I once had a wild toss land near some dude out walking with his kids, and he got pretty pissy about it. I left a suggestion for more signage, but I'm not optomistic as the course is in a very heavily used park.

My attitude has always been.....with as FEW as disc parks as we have, people can take casuall strolls without any "risk" in the other 99.97% of the ones that don't have disc golf there. Don't get me wrong, I never "try" to hit someone....and if I see pedestrians obviously coming I"ll wait, because I do try to be courteous and share the park just like I would no matter the activity.

But of course there are many blind shots, and any fool no matter their age thinking walking through the middle of a disc golf course should be some "safe" walk needs there head examined. I was already at a course where some chick was sitting on a picnic table in the middle of the one hole with her back to the tee box....she looked like a student with books open and stuff. I saw a couple people ahead of us actually just skip that hole after talking about it on the tee box or whatever they were doing.

Fuck that, some dumb whore is gonna park her arrogant ass on a picnic table right in the middle of the fuckin fairway, when she had at least another dozen or so to choose from I'm not going to alter my day because of her sense of entitlement. Everyone else I was throwing with that day ended up going way right....since she was on the leftish side. I just gripped it and ripped it...throwing it about 50 or so feet past her like a normal drive should have, I just didn't put any care or worry about her in the least.

Worst "bitch" I have about the game is depending on the course and how busy it is.....lot of thieves out there will grab your shit if you don't have an eye on your disc at all times. :thumbsdown:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    So there was a picnic table in the middle of the course?
  • edited April 2011
    So there was a picnic table in the middle of the course?

This happens at disc golf courses, many of which are just kind of "overlaid" on existing public spaces. The one I go to has several walking trails cutting through it and people will set out picnic blankets and stuff, seemingly oblivious to the groups of people wandering around tossing discs in a somewhat purposeful fashon. I have even seen people walk up to the catchers, and wonder where to put the garbage they are holding, as some dude waits patiently for them to figure out that it is not a garbage can.
    edited April 2011
    Well then it seems to me that the people to be angry at are those in charge of the park layouts. After all it is the public tax money that pays for the land, catchers, picnic tables, and walking trails. I don't understand why some who have posted in here would be upset at anyone for using a picnic table that their tax dollars paid for. I mean they have as much right to use the picnic table as the next person does to toss a Frisbee at the catcher don't they?
  • edited April 2011
    True, and if there is a real crowd at the park that day I wouldn't even bother trying to play. Some common sense and consideration for others should be observed tho', the only place to play disc golf is on the course, and places to picnic are plentiful. I don't fault the people who set up camp, likely they have no idea they are being annoying, and the signage in the case of this particular venue should be much clearer.

C/O
    "I have now spent more time writing about it than playing it this year, gotta change that soon"
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    Don't feed the trolls C/O.....this one happens to be incontinent and will piss or shit in whatever window is left open. :eek::thumbsdown:

C/O
    "I have now spent more time writing about it than playing it this year, gotta change that soon"

You and me both, man. With this extended winter that Ohio has been having....along with the fact I threw my back out a week or so ago, I haven't managed to get out yet myself.

What do you throw any how? Me, I strictly go with Innova.....and along with my putter I usually use a Sidewinder, Valkyrie, and Shark. That Shark is my money maker, saved a lot of pars and made some amazing birdies with that lovely piece of plastic. ;)
    edited April 2011
    LOL So now anytime I post in thread that you have posted in I am a troll eh Spectral. Get over yourself not everything is about you.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    LOL So now anytime I post in thread that you have posted in I am a troll eh Spectral. Get over yourself not everything is about you.

No, you are a troll because that is what you are.....not because I'm saying so. Witness your latest feeble and failed trolling attempt here....
    My attitude has always been.....with as FEW as disc parks as we have, people can take casuall strolls without any "risk" in the other 99.97% of the ones that don't have disc golf there. Don't get me wrong, I never "try" to hit someone....and if I see pedestrians obviously coming I"ll wait, because I do try to be courteous and share the park just like I would no matter the activity.

But of course there are many blind shots, and any fool no matter their age thinking walking through the middle of a disc golf course should be some "safe" walk needs there head examined. I was already at a course where some chick was sitting on a picnic table in the middle of the one hole with her back to the tee box....she looked like a student with books open and stuff. I saw a couple people ahead of us actually just skip that hole after talking about it on the tee box or whatever they were doing.

Fuck that, some dumb whore is gonna park her arrogant ass on a picnic table right in the middle of the fuckin fairway, when she had at least another dozen or so to choose from I'm not going to alter my day because of her sense of entitlement. Everyone else I was throwing with that day ended up going way right....since she was on the leftish side. I just gripped it and ripped it...throwing it about 50 or so feet past her like a normal drive should have, I just didn't put any care or worry about her in the least.

Worst "bitch" I have about the game is depending on the course and how busy it is.....lot of thieves out there will grab your shit if you don't have an eye on your disc at all times. :thumbsdown:

So there was a picnic table in the middle of the course? *****HERP DERP SLOBBER*****

I tell you not once, but TWICE about the location of the picnic table......yet you enter this thread to do nothing more than derail it by asking pointless/stupid questions. Either that, or you are the stupidest fuckin person to sign up for Totse, and you don't possess the reading comprehension skills my 8 year old already mastered.

Whichever the case, you got the attention you were so desperately seeking....and now that you are clinging to my hip YET AGAIN with such fervor and effort you look like even more of a pathetic and starstruck little bitch than you did just a couple days ago.

Keep on clinging, troll.....keep on clinging. :thumbsup:

ELL OH FUCKIN ELL @ the guy doubly hard that said "DaGuru needs to get over old conflicts" :facepalm: :facepalm:
    edited April 2011
    It is only trolling if it is designed to encite negative emotions in others. As I have never played Frisbee Golf on a structured course (they did not exist in the area I grew up in) and we had to play on makeshift courses of our own design I was simply asking a question about a topic with which I am unfamiliar. But seeing as how anything I post in reply to you seems to invoke a negative emotional response from you followed by one of your signature derailing storybook rants I think I shall take some small amusement in the future by replying politely and on topic to more of your posts.

Happy ranting Spectral...
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    It is only trolling if it is designed to encite negative emotions in others. As I have never played Frisbee Golf on a structured course (they did not exist in the area I grew up in) and we had to play on makeshift courses of our own design I was simply asking a question about a topic with which I am unfamiliar. But seeing as how anything I post in reply to you seems to invoke a negative emotional response from you followed by one of your signature derailing storybook rants I think I shall take some small amusement in the future by replying politely and on topic to more of your posts.

Happy ranting Spectral...

It has nothing to do with understanding the sport of disc golf, or any sport for that matter......instead simple reading comprehension in regard to words most grade schoolers can comprehend. :facepalm:

Keep playing the passive/aloof card Rodent...it SURE AS FUCK fits you alot better than the "alpha male" role (ELL OH FUCKIN ELL) you sometimes try to whip out.

As for your vow to up your efforts in your vendetta to cling to me all over these boards, I wouldn't expect anything less from you. :rolleyes:

Keep on clinging you starstruck little bitch, Totse will be soooooo much better because of it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    edited April 2011
    back on point.

Im going this weekend I plan on beeing sober but

you know how that goes. I will work on my release and let you know

how it goes.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    I will work on my release and let you know

Here's some decent tips to work on that release of yours.....

http://www.innovadiscs.com/home/daves-tips/daves-driving-tips.html

To summarize in general....what you are trying to achieve is a "whip" affect with your arm. Getting your power and inertia all in harmony at that point of release, with the maxium and most efficient "crack" as you're throwing it.

My throws started getting better and further once I started visualizing cracking the whip, and trying to emulate all that motion with my arm. Also, don't exagerate too much with your legs...running up and all that stuff, it really isn't adding much to your velocity or distance...and if anything its just making the throws more awkward/contorted/off-kilter.
    edited April 2011
    Why do you insist I have a vendetta against you Spectral. I mean was I the one who threated to kill or cripple you? It was a simple question as I found it difficult to believe they would place a picnic table on a course that is intended for people to hurl up 1/4 pound of hard plastic at speeds of up to 74 MPH.

Now granted that is the fastest speed on record but even an average competitor should be able to achieve half that speed or 37 MPH. Have you ever been hit in the head (blind sided) by a 175 gram Frisbee? I have and it leaves a huge goose egg on your noggin. So you see DaGuru the only derailing in this thread is your ranting fueled by you vendetta. If you look back over this thread you will see that the majority of my text has been related to Frisbees and Frisbee Golf. While the vast majority of your text in this thread has been your signature ranting based on your imaginative fabrication of others intentions.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    ****HERP DERP DERAILING SLOBBER***

Congrats, you just spent 45seconds on YouTube searching for something on Disc Golfing......and now you can finally say you've "contributed" to this thread. :thumbsup:

ELL OH FUCKIN ELL @ just how obviously desperate the clingy little bitch is for attention. :rolleyes:
    edited April 2011
    Really? Are you even reading what you type?
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    Really? Are you even reading what you type?*****HERP DERP , asking even dumber and sillier questions now...taking the buffoonery to a different level

Can you please take your HB sideshow circus act to the appropriate forum, and let those of us that wish to actually discuss disc golf with some sense of sincerity do it without having to endure your incessant attention whoring? :confused:

kthxbai
    edited April 2011
    Congrats, you just spent 45seconds on YouTube searching for something on Disc Golfing......and now you can finally say you've "contributed" to this thread. :thumbsup:

ELL OH FUCKIN ELL @ just how obviously desperate the clingy little bitch is for attention. :rolleyes:

lol,

anyways thanks bro. I always concentrated more on my leg hip movement

rather than my whip action. i'll give it a try and see what happens.

Also, i noticed san antonio and surrounding areas have a shit load of parks.

The last time i went my gay friend made me play 'one of the toughest' courses here.

fucking asshole.

here'
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    Your legs and hips are still important, because it is the foundation to hold everything steady and well balanced. Also it is vital to your shot placement, because if your footing isn't right you won't throw it in the direction you intended.

Just don't worry too much in getting power from your lower body, because muscle don't mean shit....its all physics. Keep thinking of "cracking the whip" right through your fingertips...and its just like the real game of golf. It isn't about how "hard" you throw it, instead how "properly" you throw it. :thumbsup:
    edited April 2011
    Can you please take your HB sideshow circus act to the appropriate forum, and let those of us that wish to actually discuss disc golf with some sense of sincerity do it without having to endure your incessant attention whoring? :confused:

kthxbai

I asked a simple question. You went off on a rant not me.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    Also, i noticed san antonio and surrounding areas have a shit load of parks.

I just took a quick peek at what San Antonio has to offer, you are right...there does seem to be a nice mix of courses all within a decent driving distance too. I'm especially envious you have this one near you....

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=584#

Some of those pics from the tee box even put fear in my heart! :eek:
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    I asked a simple question. You went off on a rant not me.

No, you asked a trollish question, someone else bit, and I've been mocking your clinging insecurity ever since. But hey, thanks for the video....you've done sooooooooooo much for the members of Totse that wish to discus Disc Golf. :p

Now move along bub, we get it.....you like the attention the internet fulfills while you are futilely seeking validation in life. Go slobber in HB, they'll appreciate your contributions even more. :fap:
    edited April 2011
    Talk about insecurity, I ask a simple question about a picnic table in the middle of a course and you rant until tis thread is all about you being persecuted by me. Let it go for fuck sake the question had nothing to do with you it had to do with my lack of understanding about formal courses and the fact that many of them share land that is developed for multi purpose public use. Now if you wish to reply and point out my ignorance of Frisbee Golf I am fine with that. But if you want to continue to bitch about how I was somehow trolling you by asking a serious question that was on topic make a thread in B&M.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    Talk about insecurity, I ask a simple question about a picnic table in the middle of a course and you rant until tis thread is all about you being persecuted by me. Let it go for fuck sake the question had nothing to do with you it had to do with my lack of understanding about formal courses and the fact that many of them share land that is developed for multi purpose public use. Now if you wish to reply and point out my ignorance of Frisbee Golf I am fine with that. But if you want to continue to bitch about how I was somehow trolling you by asking a serious question that was on topic make a thread in B&M.

There you go again, making demands and telling people how to conduct themselves. Sorry Rodent, this isn't an "either/or" scenario based on what you just described. Go fuck your advice for making a thread in B&M because you are completely powerless to do a fuckin thing. :fap:

How about this? I choose option C) I'll stay right here on this thread continuing to post about Disc Golf, and if you were REALLY SINCERE about letting it go you'd shut the fuck up and move along. But since you aren't sincere you will still continue to defend your failed trolling, and I'll be right here mocking how much of a pathetic little twit you truly are. :thumbsdown:

"Herp Derp....you didn't say specifically that you were walking on grass during your outing near the picnic table. Were you really on dry land, or levitating above the ground with some kind of hover craft? C'mon guys...its a legit question, I JUST GOTTA KNOW, cuz its gonna improve my knowledge on this subject!" ~~~~The Dark Rodent....during his next failed trolling attempt, albeit putting just a tad more effort in. ;)
    edited April 2011
    :facepalm:
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    :facepalm:

Nope, still in the wrong section you hapless moron. Memes, smilies, IMG tags, and one liners of tripe is really only appropriate in HB....not the discussion forums. Take a hike you worthless troll, you seem to be all plum out of videos.....errrr i mean "knowledge"(?) of this subject, and your purpose for this thread got played out hours ago.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited April 2011
    ive only played disc golf once and i was horrible..
    edited April 2011

thats it?

thats all you have to add to this thread?

GTFO!
    edited April 2011
    i use a wraith driver, and buzz midrange, still no aces yet, but i try to go 2 to 3 times a week, step ur game up BHD maybe we can play in Austin or SA
    edited April 2011
    i use a wraith driver, and buzz midrange, still no aces yet, but i try to go 2 to 3 times a week, step ur game up BHD maybe we can play in Austin or SA

Is that a challenge moose?

Im going this weekend, i'll practice so i can dominate you

at every course then take pics and post them here ;):)
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011

Everyone is horrible their first couple times, and its just altering your technique a little with some practice that will get you over the hump.

As a chick I would think a sport like this would be a great equalizer for you to some extent....an outdoorsy type of activity where you could slice and dice many males if your game got even mildly good enough.

The beauty of this sport is it really is easy/cheap to practice...and something you can do by yourself as well. ;)

still no aces yet,

No aces on this end either, and I've only been with one guy in my party to witness it firsthand. What really pissed me off about his ace, was his brother and I go out a couple of times a week and still haven't gotten one. Yet this boob steps up for the first time on any course in like 6 months, and just grips it and rips it on the 18th hole like he had been doing it his whole life.

Yeah I'm jelly and butthurt....but I was glad I was there to see the whole thing and also enjoy the mild bedlam that took place for a couple minutes after, since it was on the last hole and near the parking area where quite a few people saw it. :thumbsup:
    edited April 2011
    Here is a search-able world map of courses for those who are interested.

http://find.mapmuse.com/map/disc-golf/42.765,-104.35,8
    edited April 2011
    fuckin' a its a challenge, thanks daguru & tdr for links itt
    edited April 2011
    played 19 holes and ended with a -1, we play all par 3 holes. i had 5 birdies, pretty damn good (bring it bhd) then i played the first 4 again and ended even. i lost my buzzz on hole3 tho :mad:
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    played 19 holes and ended with a -1, we play all par 3 holes. i had 5 birdies, pretty damn good (bring it bhd) then i played the first 4 again and ended even. i lost my buzzz on hole3 tho :mad:

Sounds like a damn respectable score for your first time out this year, par 3's or not. :thumbsup:

How'd you lose your Buzz....drop it in a lake, or thick brush?
    edited April 2011
    thick brush, next to a creek, couldnt find it, next time need to bring a machete or something