Question about a tattoo

PennywisePennywise Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
My tat is oozing alot not bleeding or anything like that, but seriously dripping down my leg, my tattoo artist said to change bandages alot but he also said i was supposed to keep the bandaging thing going for two weeks. Thats not what other websites say. Does anyone know how long the bandaging should stay on?

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    I usually leave them on till that night, I never put one back on after the first night, when I get home and shower.

How long ago did you get it? if it's been a while and still oozing, you might want to have it looked out.

Anyways pretty much keep it moist and something on it all the time. Like bag balm. It needs to get air. and wash it GENTLY, with water and a bit of anti-bacterial soap.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    a&d ointment on that ho, i kept mine bandaged for a few days, mostly just to work.
  • PennywisePennywise Regular
    edited April 2011
    I got it on Tuesday. Thanks for the replies, I'll post a pic later. I got in contact with my tattoo artist, he said the oozing was a part of the scabing process. However I have Lupus and wonder if it will affect the tat. We shall see.

Thanks guys!!!
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    Pennywise wrote: »
    I got it on Tuesday. Thanks for the replies, I'll post a pic later. I got in contact with my tattoo artist, he said the oozing was a part of the scabing process. However I have Lupus and wonder if it will affect the tat. We shall see.

Thanks guys!!!

No lupus will not affect your tat, my mother has lupus and tats. You need to uncover it wash it and keep something on it to keep it from drying out. It shouldn't form a scabby scab.But it needs air. Two days later it shouldn't still be oozing.

You get this done at a professional shop?
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited April 2011
    a&d ointment on that ho, i kept mine bandaged for a few days, mostly just to work.

This or Aquafor/walgreens variant.

I actually used triple antibiotic for quite a while. It works fine. Only problem is most have an anti-scarring chemical in it which will suck some of the ink out. Oops.

Unless you have to cover it to keep debris off of it, usually only keep the bandage on for an hour or two after finishing. The skin needs to breathe in order to heal properly.
    edited April 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    No lupus will not affect your tat, my mother has lupus and tats. You need to uncover it wash it and keep something on it to keep it from drying out. It shouldn't form a scabby scab.But it needs air. Two days later it shouldn't still be oozing.

You get this done at a professional shop?

I got it done from a professional tattoo artist but he is also my friend and we were at his house. He used clean tools and was very professional. Today its not oozing at all. Good to hear my lupus wont affect it.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    Yea i've seen quite a few people's tattoos ooze before so i'm assuming it's fairly normal. You should post a picture of your tattoo for us to judge here.

I concur.
    edited April 2011
    Hmmmm says I cannot post attachments.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    Pennywise wrote: »
    Hmmmm says I cannot post attachments.

my interwebz says ur lying.