Consuming alcohol

MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
edited May 2011 in Man Cave
how often do you? is it your drug of choice? which beverages do you drink?

Comments

• theGeneraltheGeneral Regular
    edited May 2011
    Drunk right now. :thumbsup: Usually drink 40s cause I'm ghetto like that, yo. When it's liquor I prefer scotch.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited May 2011
    I drink just about every night because its the only thing that keeps me stable enough to get through it all.
    Being sober sucks and I hate it almost as much as being drunk all the time.
    WORD
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited May 2011
    hardly ever
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited May 2011
    Used to be a bad drunk. I've toned it down quite a bit.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    Ducklips and I drink as often as we can, having young kids will do that to you.

Usually a couple tall cans of 211 or something. almost every night.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited May 2011
    I drink pretty often honestly. I would drink every night but I've noticed it dries the fuck out of my skin (I already have shithouse, dry sensitive skin) which gives me annoying as fuck rashes everywhere.
    I'll still get drunk adleast once a week though but I hardly ever reach the point of munting or passing out anymore, I just love being loosey goosey at the end of a day
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Never :( unless 0.99% counts.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited May 2011
    occasionally
  • edited May 2011
    I drunk quite a lot last night. I only really drink at parties and other social gatherings though, as much of the time I'd prefer drinking water or something. Last night saw me necking more shots than I meant to - they all kicked in about 20 minutes later and I was really suddenly fucked up :facepalm:
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
    Alcohol is a really shitty drug, as far as drugs go. It's good for a while, and then you get to a stage where you just feel like ass. Especially in the morning when you're hungover as fuck and you can feel all the alcohol just sitting in your stomach, wanting to come back up again.

I definitely prefer the comedown of Cannabis, that's for sure :D
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    Relating to the above post, it throws up the question - which is better?

I know for a fact that once I am so stoned, I cannot get more stoned even if I smoke shit loads more - there is a limit to the amount of TCH and CBD your brain receptors can handle.

Alcohol on the other hand, if I keep drinking and drinking, I pass out, but I do get drunker.

Whilst I am well into my nicotene and caffeine, alcohol and canabis are the only drugs I consume that alter thought and perception.

Alcohol - sometimes I drink more, sometimes I drink less, least times I drink nothing at all. For over a thousand years it has been the Anglo Saxon way to drink everyday and I am not so arrogant to disagree.

As I feel right now and have done for many a years, these are my friends until we can be friends no more.
  • orochiorochi New Arrival
    edited May 2011
    How much? Depends. I'd say once or twice a week. I like to drink good beer. Guinness is one of my faves. I've heard it sucks when you buy it imported, but out of all the imported beers I've ever tried it's the only one that doesn't taste like a skunks asshole to me.
  • electric wizardelectric wizard Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Most nights. I'll usually polish off a half gallon of liquor within a few days. Alcohol is fiendish once you develop a serious tolerance, because it requires so much to reach 'oblivion', so to speak.

I've been cutting back lately
  • familyguyfamilyguy Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I drink everyday but I don't get drunk. My drink of preference is beer. I brew my own beer, and I also support some of the micro-breweries in my area. There is nothing like coming home and pouring yourself a draft of home-made beer.

Last night I only drank one beer before I went to bed. Sometimes I drink more. The thing is, I don't drink to get drunk or to drown my problems away. I drink because I like it.

Also, comparing alcohol to weed is like comparing apples to oranges. Maybe you like oranges more, but they give you heart burn, so you decide you want to stick with apples. Whatever toots your fruit. I personally don't like to smoke weed very often because it makes me feel hungry and lazy. That's my own preference though.

Not everyone gets hangovers either. Just because your drinking doesn't mean you have to get wasted (although sometimes that can be fun too.)

Here's a fun fact for you though: Home-made beer (home-brews) have leftover yeast in them, and brewers yeast is high in vitamin B. Part of the reason why you get hang-overs is because your vitamin B levels are depleted. So if you drink home-brews, you'll get less hang-overs. ;)
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I drink on very rare occasions like when I went away to Austria and Poland, and when I went on a stag do, but on those rare occasions Im more likely to be drunk. Vodka is my drink of choice :-)
  • CASPERCASPER Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    The last beer that I had that I really enjoyed was negro modelo. Frankly im too broke to really try a lot of stuff, but that was good. I like a few different IPAs.

Im not really picky though, especially when Im trying to get drunk. My hard liquor preference as of now is either gin or rum. I dont like shit like 4 Lokos...anything too sweet grosses me out. For me gin n tonics do perfectly. Theyre refreshing, not too bad of a hangover, they mix well with other liquors and are relatively light, and best of all, the fresh lime and tonic water cover up the taste of the gin well, so you can make an exceptionally strong drink, and not even realize it. :)
  • edited May 2011
    Depends on the time of year.... Now that it's summer I drink quite a lot; it's good to drink when you've got friends around lol.

Just started taking some medication... Am not entirely clear how well/poorly it mixes with booze-- although in my preliminary experiments it seems to be okay...
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm drinking a mag of merlot right now. Probably how i ended up on totse.info
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm drinking a mag of merlot right now. Probably how i ended up on totse.info
    merlot = fail :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited May 2011
    Depends on the time of year.... Now that it's summer I drink quite a lot; it's good to drink when you've got friends around lol.

Just started taking some medication... Am not entirely clear how well/poorly it mixes with booze-- although in my preliminary experiments it seems to be okay...

This is what I love about my meds. They mix with booze just fine.

I typically go for beer and whiskey, though I do rum and gin from time to time. I usually have a drink every day or two. One of the places I work is a bar, so it's often difficult to stray from grabbing a beer when it's slow or doing shots with customers. At home, I cycle through beers each week. Drinking Lakefront IPA tonight. Had Squatter's Full Suspension last week. Probably do a stout or porter next week so I don't get burnt out on Pale Ales.
  • familyguyfamilyguy Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I'd also like to add for all the beer lovers here; Rogue Shakespear Stout, Dogfishhead Indian Brown Ale, and Stone Ruination IPA are some of my favorites. I highly recommend the Shakespear Stout for anyone that hasn't tried it.

Beeradvocate.com has reviews for just about every beer out there, and most of the reviews are pretty spot on. There are just a few that I disagree with.

Now if I could just find a good website that reviews liquer...
  • edited May 2011
    I like beer, mostly.

Dogfish Head is some good shit, especially their IPAs.

If you can find it, there's this one Belgian beer that goes by "Delerium". It comes in plenty of varieties. My favorites are Delerium Noel, Delerium Tremens and Delerium Nocturnum. All out of this world.

Sam Adams makes many excellent brews, as well. Particularly their Rustic Saison, Noble Pils, Black Lager and Boston Lager.

Paulaner makes a damn good Hefeweizen.

I'm sure I'm leaving shit out, but that's all I can think of now.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited May 2011
    Whenever I can't get my hands on weed or am broke I usually drink, or around friends who're drinkers. I usually drink beer, can't stand liquor, unless it's mixed in something. I fucking hate drinking but I still do :(, their is just so many better drugs than alcohol. It does have some good things about it, but to me the bad outweighs the good.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    merlot = fail :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

fagglekai = fail

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sideways
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited May 2011
    buddha wrote: »

Thanks for the backup. I think merlot can be good, but I do also like sauvignon blanc(which everyone seems to hate too). I'm no wine expert, but I live in the best place for wines and I watch the show true wine connoisseurs. The fucked up factor on this merlot i have is definitely about 8 especially since they come in 1.5L
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the backup. I think merlot can be good, but I do also like sauvignon blanc(which everyone seems to hate too). I'm no wine expert, but I live in the best place for wines and I watch the show true wine connoisseurs. The fucked up factor on this merlot i have is definitely about 8 especially since they come in 1.5L

I drink wine on occasion when I have the money for decent stuff. I hate white wines, 'cept for rieslings. And as far as reds go I like Merlot and Cabernet.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited May 2011
    buddha wrote: »

buddha doesn't understand irony :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

coming from a guy who drinks riesling of all things, it's safe to ignore anything you have to say on wine.
  • PhilosoraptorPhilosoraptor Regular
    edited May 2011
    Full blown alcoholic, drink before and after work, its definitely my drug of choice next to cocaine. Never have to many problems with hangovers thank god.