Dragon Naturally Speaking voice software

GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
edited May 2011 in Tech & Games
hi guys, I found is really good voice to speech program called Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I found a much better than the Windows 7 voice program so I would recommend that you download it. In fact, I'm using it right now to write this message without hardly any corrections. Much faster than typing any day of the week :-)

Have you guys had any experience in using voice to speech software?

Comments

• angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited May 2011
    I used the one on win 7 with mixed results.
    Its ok to mess around with but I don't see myself using it all the time.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited May 2011
    I have it only because I'm an archival pirate, but I'd feel like a fucking idiot sitting in my room behind a computer talking to it always looking over my back making sure nobody sees me so I don't look like a complete psychopath that I am.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited May 2011
    rumour has it that Apple is looking at acquiring the company behind Dragon Naturally speaking.

I wonder what devices they'll put it on...
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited May 2011
    rumour has it that Apple is looking at acquiring the company behind Dragon Naturally speaking.

Would probably have to be at least the iPhone and maybe iPad (making bloggers/writing worthwhile on that steaming pile of shit) as I don't think they have a voice app for either of those two platforms, not like Google with the Android phones. I just discovered you can use the voice recognition software just about anywhere on the Android phone. Now texting isn't a major pain in the ass. I was wondering how the fuck people used these touch phones to text without fucking up every other word, started pissing me off until I learned you can use the voice (accurate as fuck too) on the phone.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    angryonion wrote: »
    I used the one on win 7 with mixed results.
    Its ok to mess around with but I don't see myself using it all the time.

I agree there, I used the Win 7 one for a while then got bored because it was too inaccurate. But it seems to be much better with Dragon NaturallySpeaking, I don't have to keep correcting myself and it's great for college homework :)

wow, they could use that on a lot of their hardware! I'll have to look into that rumour....
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Used it back in 2010. Was pretty decent. Might give it a shot again. It's a bit bitchy when your mic isn't good or you live in a noisy workplace.