S.E.R.E Training Manual

CASPERCASPER Acolyte
edited June 2011 in Life
This is a manual given to those participating in SERE (Survive, Evade, Resist, Escape) training. They train those military servicemen who are at high risk for going down behind enemy lines and/ or being captured. Basically it is a manual of how to survive and evade the enemy in a variety of situations. Good info to have.

(link is at the bottom of page and has to be right-clicked and saved...at least for me)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/21-76-1/index.html

Comments

• thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited May 2011
    SERE school has to suck royally.
    It's a month of being abused nonstop.
  • edited May 2011
    That's pretty freaking cool bro, thanks for the post. I'll definitely check this one out in a minute, this is of my interests :D Got any more books like this?
  • dipsomaniacdipsomaniac Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2011
    TY, isn't this the US Army Field Manual's survival section?
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited May 2011
    TY, isn't this the US Army Field Manual's survival section?

Yeah, I assume that's what the FM 21-76-1 code is.
  • alicen111alicen111 Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    SERE is an acronym used in relation to two related military training programs:

The United Kingdom's Survive, Evade, Resist, Extract training
    The United States's Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape training
    o "SERE" (The Unit), an episode of the television series The Unit which centers on such a training exercise
    The Servicio de Evacuación de Refugiados Españoles (Evacuation Service of Spanish Refugees) established by the Spanish Prime Minister Juan Negrín after the collapse of the Spanish Republic
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Cheers for this :thumbsup: