Chromebook

duuudeduuude Regular
edited May 2011 in Tech & Games
What do you guys think about this shit?

[ame=" - Introducing the Chromebook[/ame]

-"This is a laptop." "This is a computer?" "Not really."
Looks like one to me.

-"This has the web?" "It actually IS the web."
No, it's a computer with nothing BUT the web.

No programs, no desktop. What the fuck? Why would anyone want to keep all of their files and information on the web? I don't need to be on the web 24/7 to do the things I wanna do on my computer.

Comments

• PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited May 2011
    You would be so fucked if you lost wi- fi connection
  • edited May 2011
    I fucking hate this idea. Why would I want to trust GOOGLE of all people with ANY of my information? I don't want them to see what I'm up to, let alone keep all of my data.

Looks gay as fuck to me.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I fucking hate this idea. Why would I want to trust GOOGLE of all people with ANY of my information? I don't want them to see what I'm up to, let alone keep all of my data.

Looks gay as fuck to me.

You have an Android phone :o
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I hate these stupid adverts, it's just a cutdown version of a laptop that ties you more to Google and Apple ever could to their computers. All it is is the web and nothing else, and I would not trust Google with any information whatsoever. I love the concept of cloud computing, but only when it ties into data stored on physical hardware that I can control.
  • BaconPieBaconPie Regular
    edited May 2011
    I don't see how it's any different that my laptop with Google Chrome in full screen. If I so choose I can do all of those things with my laptop anyway so I guess the product isn't for me. I think it does have a market though; most people I see switch on their laptop, open up chrome and then go to Facebook. That is exactly what this is, a laptop with blinkers on for people travelling down straight roads.

I would like to be able to install another OS on it though. Hardware features wise it's incredible. Macbook incredible. Day long battery life? HUGE track pad? Built in mobile internet so no need for tethering. Yes please.

I loved the advert too.