SUP Zoklet Tryhards! See THE Dumpster Dive of the Century!

Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
fuck yeah free, working desktop comp00tar

h7KCC.jpg

soon to be a monstrous super comp00tar, you will all be forced into being not economically viable in any way whatsoever.

But if you got any ideas that I could've missed and may want I won't mind some input.

Cheerios! (no Momo).

Comments

• Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited May 2011
    lol, and it becomes ever more of a reality as two more desktops join the ranks to be assimilated into the great Soviet Supercomputer

I will take donations from here if anyone were willing but that's d0x suicide especially with all the crying old men and terrorists round here...they might *gasp* send me death threats!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

so we'll see bout that one :facepalm:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    2 TUFF 2 B CAPITALIST PROPAGANDIST
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BTW the Glorious CCCP Command Center ought to launch a few cyber-ICBM's at various governmental networks in the Middle East, (aka United Republics of Islamo-Slime Crusaderbait). By this I mean Israel is going to send their best wishes to the rug-kneeling Mohammed molestors. But their preferred nomenclature is moslems.

HAPPY RAMADAN DFG!
  • edited May 2011
    Nice, post some specs and whatever else you know about it. Maybe I'll make some recommendations if you're willing to spend some money and upgrade it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Dude, you do know I am NOT Muslim now and it makes me LAWL hard when you act like I am a mudslime.

Anyway, congrats on the dive of the century? What are the specs?
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    When I went off to uni, I found PC in a skip. I thought it was great - it was going to save me a shit load of money as I would not have to buy a PC. I was sensibe with it and kept it in my living room for few days before switching it on as so any moisture in it would work its way out.

I switched it on a few days later and it appeared to start -it would allow me to get into the boot menu, but that was it, no further.

Not knowing an awful lot about computers at the time and not having an OS to install (bearing in mind the machine only had a 3.5 floppy drive for external media), I gave it a good looking over in the hope their was some kind of switch that would help. There was a sliding switch on the back of the machine but it was not labled - I had to get a screw driver to push the switch.

I then turned it on.

BOOM and smoke started coming out of it. I did not even want to go next to the fucker in case it blew up or something so I pulled the fuse out for the sockets at the fuse box.

After unplugging it and taking it apart, I realised the switch was a 110v / 240v input switch.

Fuck knows how or why it went boom, but needless to say I had to spend £1100 on a PC - this was back in the day when they cost shit loads.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    ^Fuck, that sucks. That must have hurt I am sure you could salvage some parts from it easily like Hard Disk and other components. Most likey the PSU got killed.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited May 2011
    Sweet find. Always love Dell cases for some reason.

As with everyone else post the specs! Can't tell if it's a really old XPS or Dimension series desktop. Can't be to old though as it lacks a floppy drive.

Either way, check it for dox first. Never know what you'll find :)
  • edited May 2011
    Definitely scour the harddrive and see what kind of information you can find on there. Even if it's been formatted, run some file recovery software such as Recuva and see what you can find :)
    edited May 2011
    2 more donations to the cause of the CCCP Brand supercomputer!

5-unit cluster rite now. I want to have 10:o:o:o:o:o

I might put out some adverts next semester depending on how big it is by then, to see if any researchers would want to rent time on it.

Even if not there's all sorts of stuff I'm gonna have the Central Command supercomp take on.

donate me moar comp00tarz.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited May 2011
    What clustering software are you using?
    edited May 2011
    Amie wrote: »
    What clustering software are you using?

I don't know yet nor do I care about that right now...this shit isn't even going to be assembled until August.

I got some stuff to build for it back home first too.

Giving some thought to starting a radio observatory off my balcony with it...Would definitely be useful to turn the recorded radio static levels into a crude picture, but one nontheless. I do believe I read something about that processing being damn intensive on just any old computer, so a cluster would prob work nicely. Also the best-kept secrets in astronomy data processing tools are all on linux only. Could also maintain a different antenna for Jupiter radio storm listening 7 nights a week, then use the cluster for better-than-avg data analysis and send it to the relevant professionals. I'd be contributing to research ;):thumbsup:

I also accept donations! :D yeah right, most people round here (scept the resident slimes) are all kikes:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    Habaner0 wrote: »
    yeah right, most people round here (scept the resident slimes) are all kikes:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Speak for yourself. I sent someone from totse $100 becaus I am all heart.
    edited May 2011
    65$ gets me another unit for my project that's going to occupy a lot of my summer spare time. :thumbsup:

Phased differently: donate money to Habanero and so enabling a new addition to his SUPERCOMPUTER (better known as: CCCP-BRAND: COBALT/THORIUM THERMONUCLEAR ARMAGEDDON CENTRAL COMMAND, with a goal of having CENTRAL COMMAND being made up of 10 units. Currently, there are 5, if I get enuff donations I'll have 6.

If you want to donate, shoot me a PM with your own paypal e-mail and the $ sum donated. Larger donation sums permit increased surface area for the donor to desecrate later.

Meh fuckit .info is just a caliphate; there won't be any donations coming from this camel brothel :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Oh well I'll find someone somewhere who will donate 65 dorra! :fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited May 2011
    Woah! That's fuckin awesome Hab.....Have you like got a higher res of that pikchAr? :eek:
    Mod Improvements:
    Download some extra RAM from demonoid.
    Download AVG for extra protection. AVG is lyk condoms for p00ters
    Download the interwebz (make sure to AVG that torrents ass. Don't want any interwebz with haX0r stains.)
    Paint the start button like the eye of HAL.

• BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    I'll donate five bucks lol
  • edited May 2011
    wiait what are you building?
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited May 2011
    Get a fucking job
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited May 2011
    o shit i hope u take out islamabad with taht computer
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I found a HP laptop (this one) and my mate found a HP Pavillion while dumpster diving. The laptop I came across was literally plonked on top of a pile of rubbish at the end of the Uni year. Bloody Chinese. They have too much money.

Ps. I sold the laptop to a nigger for £500. No joke.
  • edited May 2011
    This thread really makes me want to start dumpster diving more often. One man's trash is another man's treasure!
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    This thread really makes me want to start dumpster diving more often. One man's trash is another man's treasure!
    Do you do puter repairs bro? (for family, friends.) Surely you'd get the odd slightly fucked one coming your way now and again ....Ya? :)
  • edited May 2011
    Yeah I repair some computers, although most of my friends have got good working computers which don't need any more repairing other than a few software based fixes. Rest of my family don't even have computers :facepalm:
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Yeah I repair some computers, although most of my friends have got good working computers which don't need any more repairing other than a few software based fixes. Rest of my family don't even have computers :facepalm:
    I repair a few and if they're fucked I get to keep them. I also have a mate who buys shit from garage sales, car boot sales and general auctions. He resells shit through online auctions. He mostly goes for antiques but keeps an eye out for computer and guitars for me. I get them super cheap off him. :)