Totse2 hacked?

LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I looked in earlier today and saw a post from a new arrival in I+F claiming "you guys are screwed" because some vbulletin hack had been released to the public. Then offering their "assistance" with the matter. Now the site is down. Seems pretty suspicious to me.

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited May 2011
    No it's not.
    Edit: They have all your passwords. Lawlz.
  • edited May 2011
    Looks like he tried to hack it but instead brought the exploit to their attention. Probably a skiddy who was scared when his hack actually worked and decided to go all moral on them :facepalm:

Plus, he used his real IP address to register and post on the site which isn't something a real hacker would do. Furthermore, the administration at T2 actually posted his IP address and email address for the public to see... Lame.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    They're using VB4? Hmm
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited May 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    They're using VB4? Hmm

It was an SQL injection exploit for VB 4.1.2. It's already been patched and it looks like T2 has already made the upgrade to 4.1.3.
  • Turd_SmasherTurd_Smasher Regular
    edited May 2011
    People actually go to Totse2?
  • edited May 2011
    People actually go to Totse2?

They're a bit like we were a few months ago. They've got a few dedicated members, a couple of occasional-ers and a load of lurkers, from the looks of it. They've always got 130ish guests online though, which I can't work out.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Furthermore, the administration at T2 actually posted his IP address and email address for the public to see... Lame.

That's fucked up. Doesn't seem like the dude even did anything.
  • edited May 2011
    There was a hack which took place. That guy who was posting was probably the hacker, trying to sell T2 his services of "securing" the site some more. What that probably means is installing a backdoor for his own access later :facepalm: