Fitting foam earplugs the right way

AmieAmie Regular
edited May 2011 in Life
You know those yellow / green / purple memory foam earplugs? Those of which everybody thinks they barely work? I used to think that too, until I learned how to actually properly fit it! Now they dampen noise extremely well and they don't fall out! I've turned the volume of my headphones up to maximum right now and I can barely hear the music, these plugs work extremely well if you just put 'em in your ears the right way!

The two most frequent occurring problems with people who can't get foam earplugs to fit properly are improper rolling and an improper pinna pull. Watch the video and you'll know what that means. Experiment a bit and the plugs will probably fit very well and do their intended jobs.

Comments

• BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited May 2011
    there is a video and a thread for this :facepalm:
  • edited May 2011
    I've got a pair in the drawer - they used to give them out when I when and did band practices at a local place. I found that they worked TOO well and I was actually finding it hard to hear our instruments :facepalm: I ended up using my Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds as earplugs instead.

Thanks for the pointers though :D
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited May 2011
    one time i had a piece rip off in my ear :facepalm:
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Or if your working with loud noise all the time, especially with music, get attenuation earplugs. I've got these, and there pretty cheap to be honest :)
    9731_l.jpg