Fucking awesome recipe

SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
Ok I made this last night for dinner. Shit was awesome. I recommend trying it at least once. There are probably similar recipes, but I stole the idea from a relative, so naturally I'm taking credit for it.

It's pretty simple. Obviously the ingredient amounts are dependent on how many you want to make.

Silo's Spiral Pizza Pastries

What you will need:

- Puff pastry sheets (As many as you feel like/wish to make)
- Baking paper
- Baking Tray
- 1 to 2 eggs
- Tomato Paste
- 1 Capsicum
- 2-3 Cups Mozzarella cheese
- Salami
- Some dried/fresh Basil
- Some dried/fresh Oregano

Extra - Any other ingredients you like on regular pizzas.

What you need to do:

Spread out your pastry and garnish with all pizza toppings. Tomato paste first, then Basil and Oregano and then the rest (I recommend putting a fair bit of paste on as it tends to dry out a fair bit).

Now it's as simple as rolling this sheet with the toppings on into one long roll, making it semi-tight. Now roll this roll up tightly with baking paper to hold it in place.

Note: You can place this roll in the fridge to stiffen up for later use or just use straight away.

Whisk your eggs in a cup for use as an egg wash.

Now just preheat the oven at say 180-200 degrees Celsius (256-392 Fahrenheit) and using a serrated knife, cut the roll into 2-3 centimeter thick pieces of your pizza roll. You should end up with a number of spiral looking pizzas. Remove the surrounding baking paper and place on the baking tray after painting it with egg wash. Now paint the top of each spiral with more egg wash (This will result in a nice golden brown finish after cooking).

Now just cook in oven until golden brown. Making sure you don't burn the bottoms.

Eat. Fap.

Comments

• Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    So it's like a jelly roll pizza on puff pastry? Sounds delicious. If I can find the time to make some pastry I'm definitely giving this a shot.