Einstein right again: Dark energy confirmed

FONFON Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-05-wigglez-galaxy-einstein.html

Einstein was one smart motherfucker...I don't know much about this sort of thing but its interesting none the less.

I personally thought it was a fairly safe assumption to make, but eh, I don't know shit.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    It was only possible thanks to new Australian technology.”

Yeah right, did they use Kangaroos?

Moving on, I did watched a documentary on BBC, and they discussed this universe and the dark matter. According to them, it gravity forces are moving things closer but another power keeps moving things apart, because of it the universe keeps on expanding. If that other force wasn't there then the whole universe will reverse back and compress into a one point. It's like pressing the rewind button. The Gravity powers still exist but the other force is powerful enough to limit it.

Not really into this mainly because I wasn't blessed with education like others, would love to read about stars and learn something.

Thanks for sharing.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited May 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    According to them, it gravity forces are moving things closer but another power keeps moving things apart, because of it the universe keeps on expanding. If that other force wasn't there then the whole universe will reverse back and compress into a one point. It's like pressing the rewind button. The Gravity powers still exist but the other force is powerful enough to limit it.

This is why I thought it was a safe assumption to make...For our model of physics/gravity/the universe to work it requires the existence of dark energy. Still, thought maybe somebody here might be able to enlighten me a bit more as I don't know much other than the absolute basics.

Its more cool that Einstein seems to have been on the right track all those years ago. I believe he doubted his own theory but it seems more and more like he was correct.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    FON wrote: »
    This is why I thought it was a safe assumption to make...For our model of physics/gravity/the universe to work it requires the existence of dark energy. Still, thought maybe somebody here might be able to enlighten me a bit more as I don't know much other than the absolute basics.

Its more cool that Einstein seems to have been on the right track all those years ago. I believe he doubted his own theory but it seems more and more like he was correct.

It takes a certain faith or faith like understanding to just understand these concepts. If someone says that this whole universe is nothing but a point that is surrounded by other points and all the points are within an endless field, I might have followed that assumption. Even though it's quite hard to explain this and not many people will follow it. I think if someone can believe that there is a higher power controlling everything, from fall of a leaf to the directions of the winds, then that person shouldn't have problem agreeing with Dark Matter, because religiously you can say it's just a component of GOD or forces of GOD that are constantly controlling and moving things around.

Again, I am just explaning how it's easier for me to digest Dark Matter theory (since it can't be fact until proven and that might take years or could never happen). You just need to accept it and move on and wait till science finds the truth. If I was researcher I might have thought something else, but in world where your fucked from all sides at once, I can't be bothering with anything that doesn't directly affect my life.