The #1 reason why society has been conditioned for failure(my opinion)

LethargicaLethargica Regular
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Ever since we were born we are punished to make mistakes.in school we are punished all the time for bad work...we've seen it through kindergarten to college..we are coached to do something right all the time..and if we mess up..we get a red check, we fail the class we get word from our parents and so on...

Society has conditioned our minds to believe that we must do everything right..and because of that..we want to make sure that everything is the "right" way or we think "lower" of ourselves.

This is setting us up for failure..because in todays society, everyone is afraid to make mistakes..People want to analyse everything before making the first step..(analysis paralysis) and get EXTREMELY hesitant..but from what I have experienced..hesitation gives birth to fear..and fear gives birth to doubt. That is why people can go through the years without much change themselves..but that's ok, everyone can live their life as they choose...but I do have a solution to the system..

Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Making mistakes is KEY to growing as a person.

Thomas Edison was able to discover the light bulb because he believed that failure is a good..
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Michael Jordan said it best..
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” -Michael Jordan

Just think..I bet all of society TODAY would have given up on the first try..but it is good to make mistakes ONLY if you take in the lesson from that mistake, otherwise you will see that same mistake over and over again..

Train your mind to think that is OK by making mistakes..

Start saying this silliest shit so your mental skin will thicken and you wont take rejection so seriously..

Make people follow you..to do that..you need to "connect" with people and that takes a lot of trial and error..Be the first to start a friendship..

even with dating.. Don't be afraid to hang out with the girl that you like and get rejected..there are plenty more out there...and with each girl you meet..you will get better at establishing relationships by learning from your past mistakes..

So with that..I encourage everyone to make some huge mistakes today so you can grow as a person!! hehe..but I am not responsible for your actions :)

Comments

• jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited June 2011
    I make huge mistakes almost everyday. Thanks for the concern though.
  • edited June 2011
    Good advice, the only way to learn is to accept that one has made a mistake, and figure out how not to make it again. To place too much emphasis on always being correct might make one deny that a mistake was made or try to shift blame to an outside influence, both of these deny a person the ability to better themselves, if it didn't happen, or it wasn't your fault, there is no reason to get better.

In the controlled chaos of a restaurant kitchen, mistakes are made, a good cook owns his fuckup, fesses up, and works like hell to make it right. I once discovered 2 prime rib roasts, burnt to fuck, in the garbage at a restaurant where I was a supervisor. If the dude in question had come clean, he would have been written up, spent a couple of nights slinging dishes, and gone on from there, I might have even bought him a timer to wear around his neck, when you are responsible for your mistakes, people will usually help you avoid making them again. Instead he was canned.

Of course some mistakes should be punished. When I took a job at a tire shop I was doing pretty good for about a month or so, then I let some shitbox Honda roll away with the lug nuts on one tire hanging by a thread. The results were immediate, loud, and expensive even though the car was a piece of shit. I was fired, and knew I deserved it.

C/O
    "then again, some mistakes are best dissolved in acid, in an out of the way location"