What kind of information does Totse keep on users?

GelidGelid New Arrival
edited July 2011 in Help and Suggestions
I'm just wondering about basic stuff, like IP addresses, searches, pages viewed, that kind of stuff. What information does Totse keep about you?

Comments

• PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited July 2011
    Totse knows all.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Gelid wrote: »
    I'm just wondering about basic stuff, like IP addresses, searches, pages viewed, that kind of stuff. What information does Totse keep about you?

We no longer store IP addresses, we stopped that a few weeks ago, other than that we know as much as you want us to know. Unlike Z*klet
  • edited July 2011
    IP addresses are not logged, although we still recommend that you use TOR or proxies just for some additional security. The only other information we keep is anything which you give us voluntarily :) Pretty sure you can use throwaway email addresses to sign up too, which is cool.

Searches and pages viewed are not logged either, so don't worry about that.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2011
    totse runs google analytics. The data speaks in percentages and not individuals.
    statistics relating to Operating Systems, Browsers, page views, time duration of page view, what site directed you here and what country (and usually city) you are accessing the site from. It also records what ISP you're with.

but we don't record your IP :p

This is all done for diagnostic purposes and to help us work out what brings users here. If you wish to block google analytics (and other tools) i recommend you check out NoScript
  • edited July 2011
    It's also useful to understand that Google Analytics is only present on the main part of the website (the part with the articles and stuff on) so the forums aren't affected.

At least, that's what Dfg said.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2011
    ^^^^^^^ Yes, this is true. TBO it's all non-unique data. billions of people have the exact same setup as you.
  • edited July 2011
    If you're really worried, you can spoof a lot of stuff too. For example, you can change your user agent with a Firefox addon, allowing you to be even more inconspicuous. Combine this with TOR and you'll be totally fine.
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited July 2011
    The way I see it tor users are probably monitored more closely so fuck it.