I need the total perspective vortex, weed 1/4oz ingested as butter.

edited July 2011 in Man Cave
I have had some mindfucks lately, and I am feeling a bit messed up. My usual route to some kind of clarity would be some long walks and maybe a few psychedelics, but the acid I dropped 4 hours ago is clearly just blotter with some fancy patterns on it. I don't know who went through the trouble of bunking up this shit, the quad I got had perforations, and a bit of some Aztec art on it. At dose +4 hours without so much as a stray thought, I concede I have been ripped off.

I really need a hardcore buzz to give me perspective on things, so I am going to do it like a hash eater. I don't know if any of you have done a hefty dose of weed ingested orally, but the buzz can be terrifying. Your liver converts some cannabidols to very potent delta forms given the opportunity, and eating weed properly can produce a dysphoric hallucinogenic state I really have no comparison for. It's like seeing your life, from someone else's point of view, and you have so many flaws to see.

I took (its starting to hit a bit), about 1/4 oz trim and popcorn buds, ground them fine and boiled them with olive oil, water, and lemon juice for about 30 minutes. I ingested the resulting paste on some rice, and the effects are noticeable now at +1h. I am not sure how this is going to turn out, might just be a good movie night, might give me what I need.

Fuck it just keeps going up, Morpheus lift me, give me time outside of mind that I may examine what I do and why I do it. Dark room, soon.

C/O
"typing slowly, slowly typing

Comments

• jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited July 2011
    So how much lemon juice, olive oil, and water did you use? Does it taste pretty nasty?
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    I've overdosed on hash oil before and it is NOT fun. I seriously thought I was going to die, and my heart felt like it was going to explode. The intense high (as in, not even being able to walk or even sit up straight) lasted about 6 hours before it finally started to taper off.

I have a very defined threshold when it comes to weed. Just a bit too much, and paranoia REALLY sets in.
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited July 2011
    If you want to freak out just eat a bunch of jwh. you only need much less than a gram. no matter how many times I've done that I think I'll surely die.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited July 2011

It's like seeing your life, from someone else's point of view, and you have so many flaws to see.
    Shit that happened to me the last time I got high.
    Terrifying at best, I remember looking in the mirror in the bathroom and I could not figure out if I was alive or dead.
  • edited July 2011
    Fuck me did I ever trip HARD off this, I almost called in sick the next day as I was still really fuzzy and felt like I had blazed an hour or so earlier. It did do what I wanted, I saw my life and the decisions I was making from a different perspective, and after a couple of days to digest what I felt and why I was feeling so down on myself, I am making some changes.

As for the procedure, it is basically making 'canabutter', but you eat the whole mess, as you are not boiling it long enough to extract all the cannabidols from the plant. Heating it with the oil and lemon juice does make it possible for your system to absorb the cannabidols though. I used a fairly small amount of water, about a cup and a half, and about 1/4 cup oil, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. I am not really sure if the lemon juice does anything, but I think it helps, and it makes the sludge a little easier to stomach, yes it does taste a little nasty, but a small cup of rice made a nice delivery vehicle for it.

As for anyone who thinks you can't overdose on weed, try this, maybe 'overdose' is too strong a word, how about "affecting you in a way you never thought weed could", like as a psychedelic stimulant. My heart rate was through the roof, and I was afraid to get up and open the door, the same paranoia as some of my favorite stimulants cause when overindulged in. At the same time came the examination of my recent actions without the excuses I was using to make them seem acceptable to me.

Usually this is very unwelcome, but this time it was what I was after. I realized I had been spreading my stress around and pissing off people, and using the fact that I have been putting a lot of my personal energy into being there for my girlfriend as an excuse. A few other things got paraded across my psyche, but how I was handling my stress load, and how it was affecting those around me was the main one.

I am glad I did it, I sometimes put a lot of my reactions on autopilot if I am under stress and have a lot on my mind. If I am just busy, then it's not so bad, but if I am confused and angry, then I piss people off by over reacting to minor shit. Not a problem with my friends, they know I'm a moody cunt when the shit hits the fan, but as for people at work, and the general public, having a short fuse for whatever reason always causes more problems than the raging and venting is worth.

Abortions suck, especially when there is a month long wait, I am a dad, and we are going to rip it out and kill it, no second thoughts, no regrets, but when what we are going to do really sinks in, I feel something, something is going to die, and it is part me, the natural urge is to distance myself from it, but like most difficult things it must be embraced, and made part of the whole before it can be put behind me, thank you weed, for helping me get this straight.

C/O
    "weed is also good for watching cartoons, and The Muppet Show, in fact doctors should prescribe weed and The Muppet Show for just about anything, couldn't hurt"
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    I feel your pain CO, my girlfriends uncle is a grower for a few local medical dispensiaries and he frequently gives her edibles in the form of brownies and cookies and such. It is definately a different ballgame. Six hours plus of very psychedelic huge body high. Intense. Sorry your acid didn't work out although a few times I've eaten what I thought was bunk shit only to wake up in the middle of the night or early the next morning fucked out of my mind.
  • edited July 2011
    If you want to freak out just eat a bunch of jwh. you only need much less than a gram. no matter how many times I've done that I think I'll surely die.

Interesting, so the same basic principle applies to synthetic cannabidoid receptor agonists, a little is a nice buzz and puts some color in your day, too much and your personal hell opens up for a while and gives you a taste of whats really going on in the basement. I wonder if it has therapeutic potential?, and if the mainstream medical establishment will even bother exploring it?

BTW, can you snort JWH?

C/O
    "weed therapy; smoke this, call me in the morning... it's $140 an eighth, but what did you expect from Pfizer?"
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited July 2011
    Interesting, so the same basic principle applies to synthetic cannabidoid receptor agonists, a little is a nice buzz and puts some color in your day, too much and your personal hell opens up for a while and gives you a taste of whats really going on in the basement. I wonder if it has therapeutic potential?, and if the mainstream medical establishment will even bother exploring it?

BTW, can you snort JWH?

C/O
    "weed therapy; smoke this, call me in the morning... it's $140 an eighth, but what did you expect from Pfizer?"

You can snort it, but it probably won't have any effect that way. Eating JWH for me has always brought on "the terror" and serious dread. Then again I have always just eyeballed a big amount (even though i have a mg scale.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    @culinaryoverlord

Did you ingest Indica or Sativa? Was your mouth nice and dry?

I don't like the feeling I get when I ingest weed. I guess I would describe it as more of a nauseating body-buzz feeling that just lasts too damn long (I hate waking up for work the next morning still high).

They say you can't die from O/D'ing on weed, but I think cardiac arrest is possible. When I O/D'ed my heartrate was around 150-160bpm and I could see my heart beating through my shirt. Not fun.

I've mentioned in another post that smoking too much weed at once turns me into a bleeding-heart liberal. You look at everything from a 100% compassionate perspective. The consequences of that could be pretty devastating for someone with a lot on their shoulders at the time.

I have two kids under the age of three, and my view on abortion used to be very liberal before they were born. Now, after seeing how their little personalities develop, I can't ever be pro-abortion again (except under extreme circumstances for the mother).