Quitting my job.

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    What's the point of doing a job you fucking hate, most people would rather suffer in a shit job than find a job they enjoy doing. Hope your interview goes well mang. :D
  • edited July 2011
    Better to serve in heaven, than reign in hell.

Maybe try some "adventure cooking" if it doesn't work out, tree planting camps, construction camps, seasonal fishing lodges, that kind of thing. Any time someone wants their labor on site working non stop in a remote area, or has to cater to their patrons on site, they will need a cook. The benefits are many, new scenery, the challenge of cooking in less than ideal circumstances, cooking with your own methods and standards, some relief from the line grind, and a fat ass paycheck to burn while you look for your next gig.

The hours are long, but the pay usually rocks, I got $300 a day from one planting camp, but I had to pay my own assistant. If you dig it, you can be a mercenary cook for a few years, traveling all over the place, staying in shitty hotels and banging local small town girls looking for someone who won't tell the whole town she likes anal. If you get a dry spell, do a lakeside resort town for the summer, or a ski resort for the winter, or just sit in the bush and smoke yourself silly till something comes up.

Not for everyone, but LouisCypher, I think for some reason you would really dig it. Craigslist is the best source for leads, a lot of employers prefer the classic "substitute mom" type, so the key is to work a job you can quit with no regrets and bang out resumés constantly till someone needs a cook right fuckin now, and you can be on a bus tonight.

I got tired of it eventually, because unless you take your GF with you, you risk finding an extra pair of shoes by the door if you come home early, and breaking your fist hurts.

Good luck at your new gig, I'm sure the pay will get better once you show your stuff.

C/O
    "fuck you I quit!, um, do you still have my resume on file?, could you grab it for me I lost the original when my computer tanked, thanks, bye now"
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited July 2011
    Find a job you love and you will never work again.