Airplane!

GreyusurperGreyusurper Acolyte
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
FFDT:
Airplane!

Director(s):
Jim Abrahams
David Zucker
Jerry Zucker (Went on to direct "Ghost" starring Patrick Swayze!!! WTF?!)

Cast:
Robert Hays
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Julie Hagerty
Leslie Nielsen
Peter Graves
Lloyd Bridges
Robert Stack
Frank Ashmore
Lorna Patterson
Stephen Stucker

General info:
One of the best comedies ever, "Airplane!" (also titled "Flying High!" in Australia) has more word play in it than a Spartan would even know what to make of! A parody of then popular '70s plane disaster movies, "Airplane!" also lampooned other cultural and movie references. The opening title is of course borrowed in part from "Jaws", while the disco scene in the flashback is reminiscent of "Saturday Night Fever", amongst others. It also serves at time as a critique of the film industry using famous athletes in minor roles, notably Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's constant reminding to everyone that he's a pilot, before he flips out from "food poisoning" and dresses haphazardly in his players uniform.

Trailer:

Movie:

I tried to show this once before, but it was non-existent due to copyright laws and blah, blah, blah... However, it appears some laxed engineer over at Youtube has failed to do his or her job again, to our benefit. Cheers to you, sir/ma'!

Regards,
-Grey

Comments

• ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited August 2011
    This movie was THE SHIT! Its cheesy humor really appealed to me. Thumbs up from me!