app that shows you where cops are

white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Hey Criminals! Your Town Made You an App to Track Cops

Are you especially interested in where police officers are in your town at any given moment? No? Then you're probably not a criminal. But that logic hasn't stopped the Surrey, England, police department from launching an app that gives live updates on police activity.

The app is totally well-intentioned. It's supposed to give residents a sense of security—and also a heads up—about when there's a crime being committed in the area, and how the police are responding. But come on, people! Has no one seen any crime movie ever? This seems like it will be of limited-if-any use to the public at large, and an unbelievable boon to the unsavory folk of Surrey.

The service is only available to a portion of the county for the time being, but officials are hoping to take it nationwide some time soon, putting one more goodie in future asshole rioters' bag of tricks.

http://gizmodo.com/5833560/hey-criminals-your-town-made-you-an-app-to-track-cops

Comments

• HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited August 2011
    good tool for kop killaz
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited August 2011
    Is this guy a bot? I can't tell.

In anycase, this app is legit. I've heard of this concept before but mainly to track traffic police.
    They're in legal limbo right now. The app may violate the same laws radar detectors do.
  • FissuretitanFissuretitan Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2011
    Is this app only for England cops? I wouldn't mind having that to track some local pigs
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    Is this guy a bot? I can't tell.

In anycase, this app is legit. I've heard of this concept before but mainly to track traffic police.
    They're in legal limbo right now. The app may violate the same laws radar detectors do.

No, but if you came into TS once in a while you would know that as he comes in there.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited August 2011
    Fucking Brits.

why not just give every individual cop a gps locator and have it synced real time via the app. :facepalm:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Box wrote: »
    Fucking Brits.

why not just give every individual cop a gps locator and have it synced real time via the app. :facepalm:

I was just thinking about your yesterday :D

What a bunch of morons, but hey they could be trolling the criminals.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited August 2011
    The radar app is the best. Works really well.

I wouldnt like this app here. its like having a fish finder

instead we can call it pig finder. :D
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited August 2011
    no im not a b0t and this app is legal the department made it them selfs i like the android app scannerradio best scanner radio out there
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2011
    Anybody here from or live near Surrey?? Someone should try this.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    I was just thinking about your yesterday :D

What a bunch of morons, but hey they could be trolling the criminals.

That's weird I was thinking about box yesterday also, Just wondering where ya were.