Grabbing PI in public places

BoxBox Regular
edited August 2011 in Tech & Games

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    This will work with deep freeze. There were 6 systems in my support area that a previous LAN Admin had not documented the passwords for. This is the same work around I googled then and it does work.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited August 2011
    This is very interesting, thanks for sharing.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    AND is right this needs moved to BI or T&T.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Moved to Network/Security.

There are other software's, One is called System State or something by Microsoft. Most Internet systems Admins just create a disk image and replicate it on different systems. If the attack works on one system it will work on the rest of them.

For the casual Internet user who happens to be using this infected system, it's best to check for Anti-Virus or use a portable AV like MalwareBytes. After that just use portable tools. Best method would be to use a keyboard scrambler.
  • edited August 2011
    Thanks for sharing this, it's a pretty awesome idea and a good guide as well :D I cannot recall just how many machines I've seen which are running this software. Pop into the local Apple store and they're all running something similar, as they go back to factory settings at the end of each day. Same with places like Currys and Comet in the UK - both sell computers and both have ones which the customers can try out before they buy them.

If you're feeling really sneaky, you could default the browser's home page to Facebook or just put a shortcut straight to FB on the desktop of the computer you're attacking. You'd be surprised just how many people will log into Facebook on a random computer if the option is there for them. Nudge people in the right direction and you'll get some awesome results.

Also, make sure you register your email account through TOR and don't raise any suspicions in the store when you take ages fumbling with your USB drive. You WILL be caught on camera and who knows what might happen to you if they find out what you've been up to ;)