The New Main Page

DfgDfg Admin
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
As suggested by Trx100 ( Well he did threaten to kill me if I didn't update it, but I will just say he suggested it) I am thinking of some new ideas for the main page. It should follow the same structure we have on the forums and CMS but unlike CMS and Forums, it needs to have more information packed into it.

Right now I am installing my tablet drivers and then I am going to draw some drafts for you guys to approve.

Brb, need to restart the system.

Comments

• edited September 2011
    FINALLY. It's our main style drawback right now, simply because it doesn't flow with the rest of the site. It's a totally different style, and that's not good in web-development land. Consistency is the key.

I'm trying to think of some style plans for you, and I'll jump onto voice comms when I've finished my Latte and we can discuss things.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    FINALLY. It's our main style drawback right now, simply because it doesn't flow with the rest of the site. It's a totally different style, and that's not good in web-development land. Consistency is the key.

I'm trying to think of some style plans for you, and I'll jump onto voice comms when I've finished my Latte and we can discuss things.
    ideas.PNG
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited September 2011
    ^I like it.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    ideas.PNG
    Yep! Works for me as well bro.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    Trx100 is helping out with main page. If anyone wants to help out here is the html draft
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4786947/Personal/index.html
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited September 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Trx100 is helping out with main page. If anyone wants to help out here is the html draft
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4786947/Personal/index.html
    -_____-
  • edited September 2011
    Hahaha, that gets me EVERY. FUCKING. TIME. :facepalm: In all seriousness though, we are working on the page so don't think we're slacking because of Dfg's cock fetishism.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited September 2011
    Hahaha, that gets me EVERY. FUCKING. TIME. :facepalm: In all seriousness though, we are working on the page so don't think we're slacking because of Dfg's cock fanaticism.

fixed
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited September 2011
    Best main page ever!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    edited September 2011
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4786947/Personal/ideas.PNG
    The borders on the hawt topics in this are much nicer.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
    Still a lot of white space which I don't really like. Perhaps you could stop the white space from "overflowing" by putting a thin, teal border around the middle content?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    Done, anything else?
  • edited September 2011
    There's a border issue on the left sidebar - only one side has been curved. It doesn't match the sidebar on the right, which has both sides curved.

Also, I'm not sure what it is but the whole thing looks like there's too much white space or something... Hmm. I can't work it out, I'm not an artist :)
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited September 2011
    i domt like this it looks realy old and boring the colors arent right and are realy flat what was the reason for changing it
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2011
    I think it looks good, but where are the pictures and shrines to me for being so fucking awesome? :confused:
  • edited September 2011
    ^ You just gave me an idea bro - I'm going to start working on themes for occasions, such as Christmas and halloween :) Maybe Bornkiller can supply me with some images of snow to go along the top of the forum? Or some pumpkins or something for halloween? :D This should be fun, and it will bring a new flavor to totse holidays.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited September 2011
    ^ as far as that, just change the top left totse.info logo like google does.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited September 2011
    I've been to the main page maybe 10 times ever. I come straight to totse.info/bbs. I don't even use the bookmark, i typed it so many times i just write it out every time.
    This. Fuck the mainpage, shit's boring. /bbs is where it's at son
    edited September 2011
    i domt like this it looks realy old and boring the colors arent right and are realy flat what was the reason for changing it
    Perhaps gradients could bring it up to a more modern look. If the css uses css3 rounded borders then css3 gradients should work.
    ^ You just gave me an idea bro - I'm going to start working on themes for occasions, such as Christmas and halloween :) Maybe Bornkiller can supply me with some images of snow to go along the top of the forum? Or some pumpkins or something for halloween? :D This should be fun, and it will bring a new flavor to totse holidays.
    We use to do that. Remember the halloween logo. :)
    buddha wrote: »
    ^ as far as that, just change the top left totse.info logo like google does.
    ^ That
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Perhaps gradients could bring it up to a more modern look. If the css uses css3 rounded borders then css3 gradients should work.

We use to do that. Remember the halloween logo. :)

^ That

^This,

I am good with making Layout. If you need some modern style, that can be done. Hell, I might even make it so, it's will have different skins pre-made and can be applied just by switching the CSS file or by using Jquery.
  • edited September 2011
    You still haven't fixed that curving issue with the left sidebar, Dfg. Also, it might be just me, but I don't like the fonts used at all :(