You Mad Bro

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Racist??? Fuck Off! They mad because they got trolled.

Vid - http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-kirtland-painsville-harvey-offensive-sign-text,0,996270.story

Source - http://www.nowpublic.com/tech-biz/you-mad-bro-meme-sign-gets-teens-trouble-2833397.html
After Kirtland High School beat Painesville Harvey on September 2, some Kirtland students unfurled a handmade sign that read, "YOU MAD BRO".

You Mad Bro?

If you've spent any time online during the last few months, you'll recognize "You mad bro" as part of the trollface meme. It's something trolls say to make their victims even more angry.

Unfortunately, not everyone in Painesville, Ohio is on Reddit (which is where we found this story). Mike Hanlon, superintendent of the Painesville School District, said, ""I think the reference to 'bro' in the sign definitely has a racial connection to it."

The Lake County chapter of the NAACP described the "You Mad Bro" sign as " a sign that we believe was racial intimidation, ethnic intimidation".

Actually, I'm pretty sure that, while trollface emerged separately, "You mad" was brought to us by Cam'ron from the Diplomats as he trolled Bill O'Reilly. Bet you never thought you'd see Dipset connected to high school football, but here we are.

This is one of those cases where racism can be instantly disproved, and in which the perpetrators can be instantly outed as geeks. Painesville City Schools promised an investigation, though the affair seems pretty open-and-shut.

You work with teenagers every single day... y u no use internet? We would argue that "rage faces" are played out enough to start appearing on t-shirts sold in malls, so you should know what they are by now. If not, use that Google thing.

That said, I think the students learned a valuable lesson here: online memes tend to make no sense IRL. It's usually best to leave them on the internet where they belong. That goes double for all of you who say "LOL" in real life. That practice must cease.

Comments

• juggjugg Regular
    edited September 2011
    Thats why this country is going to hell. Pussifaction
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited September 2011
    Mike Hanlon, superintendent of the Painesville School District, said, ""I think the reference to 'bro' in the sign definitely has a racial connection to it."
    lolwut
    That said, I think the students learned a valuable lesson here: online memes tend to make no sense IRL.
    It makes plenty of sense. They clearly mad.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2011
    Oh my god that's fucking beautiful.

I'm totally going to make this sign and post it somewhere.