I started playing TF2

ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
And I suck so bad. :( Can't get used to using the mouse for the camera angle. I also have a super slow reaction time. :facepalm:

Comments

• GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Dont worry, as in all games practice makes perfect :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    Hell if a Paki like me can play it, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to play it well. Just practice.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    I started playing Metro 2033 today and am shite, but those Ruskies won't get away so easily! Also ShadyTroll, join TeamSpeak so we can teach you the ropes and you can hear Dfg spaff his shalwa after getting 20 headshots per match ;)
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited September 2011
    I'll teach you the ways..
  • edited September 2011
    Don't worry, everyone is shit when they first start playing. Take your time, get immersed in the action and learn the classes. Learn the weapons, the game types, what you need to do during each game type, etc etc etc. It seems overwhelming at first but it's actually not after a while of playing :)
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited September 2011
    So, I made a pyro. My husband told me a bunch of stuff about TF2 but I forgot most of it already. :facepalm: He had me go in a normal game & yeah I sucked so I did the training a little bit. Still have to get used to the camera angle. I hate it. I used to play WOW & I rarely had to adjust the camera angle so it's really hard for me to get used to adjusting it so much with the mouse for this game.
    Join the group... I'm on now, divisionthree/Old King, have gear to offload

Also I just got the Halloween Jackolantern hat, but I can only wear it on Halloween... What a piece of shit

What group? Is there a totse group? Do I have to make a profile to join a group (do not currently have a profile for Steam but everything else is set up... I think).
    RemadE wrote: »
    I started playing Metro 2033 today and am shite, but those Ruskies won't get away so easily! Also ShadyTroll, join TeamSpeak so we can teach you the ropes and you can hear Dfg spaff his shalwa after getting 20 headshots per match ;)

I downloaded Teamspeak last nite & just PM'd TDR for the connection info.
  • edited September 2011
    ^ Teamspeak address is ts84.light-speed.com:4723
    Totse Steam Group is here - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/totsedotinfo and you can join up without having to be accepted (it's an open group).
    edited September 2011
    Dont worry, I've just got into TF2 and Im still getting used to it! Just find a few classes you would like to be and just keep playing them until you get better :) For me its the medic and the heavy Im working on at the mo (and maybe engineer).
    edited September 2011
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    ^That was Lawful EVIL :p

Dammit, why do I prefer classes which are EVIL!
    edited September 2011
    I'm chaotic neutral for the most part in life. Still, Sniper FTW...on certain maps.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    That image made me smile Remade.
  • DalvusDalvus Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2011
    Is TF2 good ?
    All they play `round here is WoW, Hon, Counter Strike 1.3 (Offer to play the Source version and they'll shoot u) and the most popular of all DotA.
    edited September 2011
    Dalvus wrote: »
    Is TF2 good ?
    All they play `round here is WoW, Hon, Counter Strike 1.3 (Offer to play the Source version and they'll shoot u) and the most popular of all DotA.

TF2 is a fun game and it is free. Just download and install Steam from www.steampowered.com, open the store, select Genres/Free to Play, select Team Fortress 2, click on install. We have a totse group in steam and a Team Fortress 2 channel in our TeamSpeak 3 Server.
    edited September 2011
    Is TF2 good ?

Its really good actually, and Im dont really play those kind of those games! :)
    edited September 2011
    Is TF2 good ?

I couldn't get into it but my husband plays it obsessively. I'm thinking of trying Dead Island. I might like it better since it has some MMO aspects which are more appealing to me.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited September 2011
    ShadyTroll wrote: »
    I couldn't get into it but my husband plays it obsessively. I'm thinking of trying Dead Island. I might like it better since it has some MMO aspects which are more appealing to me.

I rented Dead Island last week and its pretty good. Definitely worth checking out. :thumbsup:

I wish I had faster internet so I could play TF2. :(
    edited September 2011
    I rented Dead Island last week and its pretty good. Definitely worth checking out. :thumbsup:

I wish I had faster internet so I could play TF2. :(

Are the movements & camera angle the same as in TF2?
    edited September 2011
    ShadyTroll wrote: »
    Are the movements & camera angle the same as in TF2?

If it is a first person shooter (FPS) then the answer would be yes. Looking at the site for this game it has FPS combat elements.
    edited September 2011
    If it is a first person shooter (FPS) then the answer would be yes. Looking at the site for this game it has FPS combat elements.

I wish they had some kind of demo I could try. :mad: I'm looking for a new game to play since I quit WOW earlier this year (it became soul sucking, spending so much time on it to get anywhere in the game). I like MMOs but I don't want to have to devote 8 hours a day to play so my character doesn't suck/to make progress in the game & see end-game.
    edited September 2011
    You know, I would actually rank medic as the most evil

I would agree if only they could still infect the enemy like in TFC.