Im gutted, Wales lost against France in rugby.

GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I am gutted, it was a brilliant game though and Im glad I watched it. If we hadn't lost a player through a penalty, we would have won that. Also, it was heartbreaking how Halfpenny missed the crossbar by what seemed a couple of inches (bearing in mind we were trailing at one point)!! Final score was 8-9 to France. The reason why it was so important for Wales is because it was the semi-finals which we hadnt made since 1987 (I think). We wanted to enter the finals so much!!

Did any of you guys watched the game?

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    I was going to but I had to work late.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    GoingNowhere, if you watch Rugby get with me in TeamSpeak I need to ask you something.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Odds for Australia to win tomorrows game look promising. Should be a good game none the less.
    https://www.tab.co.nz/sport/#game/63391
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited October 2011
    Fantastic game, Wales were shit on by a bad decision though. And 4 chances were lost to score. Wales were the better team by far, holding their own with a man down. France were very lucky for the second time this year.

As for the final, it's too close to call between Australia and NZ I think. Both are playing well.
    edited October 2011
    chippy, do you know anything about betting on this sport?
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, you lose more often than you win hahaha

ETA It's not a sport btw, it's a way of life :)
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited October 2011
    I watched it and Wales would have won had their captain not been wrongly sent off. Showed a lot more 'togetherness' than the England team did in any of the games. On a brighter note, if Wales had won the world cup we would never have heard the end of it in England with every Welshman playing Max Fucking Boyce songs.

On another brighter note, it might have taken the wind out of the sails of the Cardiff team, off to watch my local team beat them this afternoon.

TDR, if you are going to bet on Rugby, just bet on 'to win'. You can bet on a spread of points, number of points between the teams and hadicaps, but the thing is with if you are betting on anything to do with scoring, teams get 5 points for a try, 2 extra for a conversion (where they get a 'free kick' at the goal after a try) and 3 points for a drop goal (goal from open play) and 3 points for a penalty kick.

With internationals, the teams play so infrequently any kind of scoring bet is very hard to guess / predict, thats why I would recomend a 'to win', maybe a bet 'to win by at least X many points'.
    edited October 2011
    Do they give odds if you are betting just to win?