Georgia Varley dies in Liverpool railway station fall

blindbatblindbat Regular
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-15442783
A girl has died after falling between a carriage and the platform at a Liverpool railway station, apparently while running after a train.

Georgia Varley, 16, of Wallasey, Wirral, died at Liverpool James Street station late on Saturday night, British Transport Police (BTP) said.

Police believe she had been running to catch a train home that had friends and family on board.

Some bystanders needed treatment for shock after witnessing her death.

About 40 passengers were on the platform at the time of the incident, which involved the 23:01 BST Merseyrail service to West Kirby.

It is thought Georgia had been on a night out.

BTP said Ms Varley fell between a train and the platform and was killed as the train left the station.
'Distraught family'

Det Ch Insp Simon Taylor, leading the investigation for BTP, said: "We are determined to work out exactly what happened to Georgia and I am calling on rail passengers in Liverpool to help with this.

"Georgia has left behind a distraught family and we want to be able to tell them exactly what happened and help them come to terms with the tragedy."

Anyone who witnessed the incident is being urged to contact them.

A spokeswoman for the Northwest Ambulance Service said Georgia was confirmed dead at the scene.

"When our paramedics arrived they realised that there was nothing that could be done for the girl," she said.

"They were able to treat some people nearby who witnessed the incident."

A spokesman for Merseyrail said the company was co-operating fully with a BTP investigation into what happened.

"Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the victim and we extend our sincerest sympathies to them."

:facepalm: bitch thought she was the flash , picture of her in the link provided .

Comments

• chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited October 2011
    Damn, what a waste. That do not cross the white line when train is in motion sign is there for a reason.

img_1394.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    I wish there were comments on the BBC's site - I want to see what the brainwashed nanny state british would say in response....
    WHEN IS SOMEONE GOING TO BAN TRAINS?

THEY DO SO MUCH HARM TO THE COMMUNITY TRAINS ARE FACIST.

ALSO PEOPLE SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO USE CARS BECAUSE IT MAKES TREES CRY.
    edited October 2011
    How ironic that you post like a train crash.
  • edited October 2011
    chippy wrote: »
    How ironic that you post like a train crash.

The ironing is delicious.

The best part of the news websites is when people post comments on the stories and they're completely derranged.

But i think that it is very very sad that this young girl has suffered; i would post a comment of condolences.
    edited October 2011
    Nice afterthought, you do have a soul.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
    Um its horrible that she died, but i mean WTF how stupid are some people! ... Don't run up against a train ... Probably rule number one for me when at a train station.
  • edited October 2011
    jehsiboi wrote: »
    Um its horrible that she died, but i mean WTF how stupid are some people! ... Don't run up against a train ... Probably rule number one for me when at a train station.

I have the urge to chase and jump on trains if i've just slightly missed one. You know, jump into the gap between carriages and just go through the door.

I'm absolutely sure I could make it - but doing it once would mean i'd do it again. And of the 1000 times i would try to do it; i'd only need to fuck up once to regret it.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
    i'd only need to fuck up once to regret it.
    yeah something that is 95% metal and moves at about 90kmh can be very unforgiving ..
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    While I feel bad for her family the stupidity on her part is undeniable. Hopefully other young people will read this and learn from it.
  • edited October 2011
    It's a shame she died but damn, trying to get onto a moving train is just stupid. Did she even consider the fact that (in the UK, not sure about other places) train doors automatically lock themselves when the train is in motion?

Dumb idea, but I wince a little at the thought of being mushed by a train. The other day I was waiting at a train station, and I was wondering why the line on the floor was so far away from the platform edge. A few seconds later, a fucking HUGE train came blazing past at what must have been 100mph and I could see from bits of paper and litter getting sucked underneath the train just how much turbulence they cause.

Lesson learned, don't fuck with trains or they will fuck you up.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    I wish there were comments on the BBC's site - I want to see what the brainwashed nanny state british would say in response....

There are but only on certain stories. I think it should be all or nothing.

Also I'm a fan of the Darwin Awards, although how sad this story is, you do think the lines are there for a reason. Obviously she's never been to London - please mind the gap!

Edit - I was on a train the other week that hit an elderly guy who jumped from a bridge. It's not that exciting. No blood or guts flew past the window. Just the train stopped and a bus service was installed while the CSI/Police teams were called in.
  • edited October 2011
    Hahahaha, nice "mind the gap" comment RemadE :D Every. Single. Station.

Anyway, in case anyone wishes to pay their respects to the girl, this link was floating around on 4chan yesterday - https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Georgia-Varley/231454030249167 . Her actual Facebook page has been removed, although I was able to access it yesterday. I had no idea that Facebook actually removed accounts if people have died... This gives me an idea for a thread.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    "FUCK, MY TRAIN IS LEAVING! I BETTER FUCKING RUN AFTER IT LOL THAT'LL STOP IT!"

Silly girl. You can't run after a train.
  • edited October 2011
    I think we're missing a couple of vital points here;

1. She was a woman
    2. She was blonde
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    ^
    3. She has more makeup then sense.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Bwahaha!

Edit:
    Headbutt.jpg