Stuxnet responsible for Fukushima meltdown

edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Stuxnet did it. If you dont know about Stuxnet then get the fuck out of conspiricy and go enjoy life.

I dont believe fukushima was an intended target; but the system had been compromised in the same way as the Iranian plant.

Both were running the seimens technology. It probably contributed to the urgency of the germans to close their own seimens nuclear plants down also.

Nuclear is safe; the world is not.

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited November 2011
    This must be it. The worm clearly traveled to japan by the tsunami that also happened to destroy the plant.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    This must be it. The worm clearly traveled to japan by the tsunami that also happened to destroy the plant.

Yes, clearly some ingenious programmer has figured out tsunami worm code. Unless someone can provide a cohesive argument otherwise this thread may be headed for HB or NIMF as the Stuxnet worm will obviously protect itself from the current brilliant expose it is being subjected to in a move of self preservation. This threads only hope is that the OP provide a plausible argument to the contrary.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited November 2011
    I don't know anything about Siemens computer programs, but if they work as well as there circuit breakers they don't need any help at failing.
  • edited November 2011
    The reactor was built in a site that was close to the ocean in a seismically active area - it wasnt the tsunami or earthquake that caused the nuclear event.

There were many safeguards built in for safe emergency shutdown (should a situation arise) HOWEVER the seimens units did not function as designed and the problem quickly got worse.

Why did it not function as designed?

Because the interface was compromised by the stuxnet virus. The same one that is designed to FUCK up nuclear facilities.
    Specifically, Stuxnet damaged equipment at Iran's Natanz uranium enrichment facility, which reportedly set back the nation's nuclear program several years.

From what I understand of the current crisis in Japan, the problems at the nuclear facilities did not stem from the reactors themselves sustaining significant damaged in the earthquake.

Instead, the problem with the reactor cores over-heating was caused by a disruption to the power and water supplies that are needed for the cooling systems. The problem was compounded by the destruction of the backup generators for the cooling system pumps in the subsequent tsunami.

In the past, the majority of these systems are operated manually or by analog control systems like electro-mechanical relays, but that is changing.

A senior member of the technical staff at one of our nation's largest and most prestigious national research laboratories indicated that a significant number of the nuclear facilities in the U.S. have modernized the controls for those auxiliary systems, and are now employing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
    source
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, nothing here but half baked BS and http://www.lmgtfy.com/ as your source so off to HB with this nonsense.
  • edited November 2011
    So should i start doing harvard referencing and PM'ing my citations or would footnotes work better for the VB format?

Throw "stuxnet"+"fukushima" into google and BAM you can find articles from reputable sources such as the Berkley department of nuclear engineering and videos, infographics and more - www.lmgtfy.com SHOULD be enough of a reference. You could of also read about how quickly the virus infected systems worldwide and that one of its functions was to interfere with emergency shutdown proceedures

And further to that generally CONPSIRICIES wont have articles on encarta or stories published about them in the MSM - it'll be people creatively drawing their own conclusions based on various current events or other situations they are aware of.

Yes I mad.
    edited November 2011
    So should i start doing harvard referencing and PM'ing my citations or would footnotes work better for the VB format?

Throw "stuxnet"+"fukushima" into google and BAM you can find articles from reputable sources such as the Berkley department of nuclear engineering and videos, infographics and more - www.lmgtfy.com SHOULD be enough of a reference.

This source is a letter by a freelance journalist by the name of Kim Zetter. Kim Zetter is an American freelance journalist in Oakland, California. She has written on a wide variety of subjects from the Kabbalah to dining out in San Francisco to Israel to cryptography and electronic voting. Kim writes mainly for http://www.wired.com/news. This hardly qualifies as a source or proof of some virus causing the problems in the reactors.

You could of also read about how quickly the virus infected systems worldwide and that one of its functions was to interfere with emergency shutdown proceedures

And further to that generally CONPSIRICIES wont have articles on encarta or stories published about them in the MSM - it'll be people creatively drawing their own conclusions based on various current events or other situations they are aware of.

Yes I mad.

This source is a news article by the same freelance journalist. You really should research your sources and not just Google two words and post the first two links you find. In fact if you take a look at the top 100 links in Google for your suggested search string it is apparent that there is not a single academic source or reputable news site to support this crap.

Here let me Google that for you!

In the future if you want your theories to be taken seriously I suggest you bake them all the way by researching your sources before going off half baked.

U MAD NOW?
  • edited November 2011
    I was already mad.
    it is apparent that there is not a single academic source or reputable news site to support this crap.

ALMOST LIKE ITS BEING COVERED UP, LIKE A CONSPIRACY.

BECAUSE THEY MADE A BOO BOO.

If evidence of an event is publicly available and reliably documented it isnt a conspiracy. The Fukushima thing is a legit cover up, real mel gibson running around with that same freelance journalist sort of stuff.
    edited November 2011
    I was already mad.

ALMOST LIKE ITS BEING COVERED UP, LIKE A CONSPIRACY.

BECAUSE THEY MADE A BOO BOO.

If evidence of an event is publicly available and reliably documented it isnt a conspiracy. The Fukushima thing is a legit cover up, real mel gibson running around with that same freelance journalist sort of stuff.

This is half baked shit which you read on some half baked website. A conspiracy can be documented with data from reliable sources. Such as he conspiracy to have marijuana and hemp labeled as the same thing and made unlawful. There is evidence in the congressional records that are publicly available which clearly show this was the case.

What you are presenting is bullshit journalistic editorial information from undocumented sources and half baked websites that will print anything to get viewers coupled with movie references. Cry all you want but this stays in HB.

/subscription
  • edited November 2011
    This is half baked shit which you read on some half baked website. A conspiracy can be documented with data from reliable sources. Such as he conspiracy to have marijuana and hemp labeled as the same thing and made unlawful. There is evidence in the congressional records that are publicly available which clearly show this was the case.

What you are presenting is bullshit journalistic editorial information from undocumented sources and half baked websites that will print anything to get viewers coupled with movie references. Cry all you want but this stays in HB.

/subscription

Worst conspiracy forum ever. If people wanted to have 'citation needed' arguments they'd to to wikipedia - thanks for killing what could of been a good thread.

And marijuana should be illegal.
    edited November 2011
    I could have just as easily killed this shitty thread by leaving it where it was and posting the exact same things I have already posted. The location did not kill this thread. Your half baked poorly researched methods + my concise comments on same killed this half baked POS.

U MAD?
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    Worst conspiracy forum ever. If people wanted to have 'citation needed' arguments they'd to to wikipedia - thanks for killing what could of been a good thread.

And marijuana should be illegal.

I think you mean worst conspiracy thread ever.

As far as citation is concerned, if the theory can't stand up to criticism or has no factual basis, then it's not going to last long as a conspiracy is it.

It would have been a good thread had it had any credibility. Unfortunately your inability to respond adequately to the first line of argument is what killed the thread. If you were hoping everyone would say "oh great find" or "wow makes you wonder doesnt it" without question, maybe you need to rethink conspiracy theories. In general, anyone putting forward a conspiracy as what they believe, should be prepared and capable of defending it against question.

You would probably have done better by saying "hey guys, I found this, what do you think" that would have got more discussion.
This discussion has been closed.