Police attack suspects car with bats, and keep their jobs.

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Six Scotland Yard officers who smashed up a suspect's car with baseball bats will keep their jobs despite being found guilty of discreditable conduct, the force said.

One "overly aggressive" detective sergeant was reduced in rank to detective constable but he and five other officers are set to remain at the Metropolitan Police.

Source

What the fuck? :facepalm:

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    If anyone else did that they would lose their job as they would be in prison.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited November 2011
    When I frist read this thread I was wondering how in the hell the police trained attack bats...:facepalm:
    edited November 2011
    jugg wrote: »
    When I frist read this thread I was wondering how in the hell the police trained attack bats...:facepalm:

LOL that made me chuckle and then made me think of this.
    [h=1]Dr. Lytle Adams' incendiary "bat bomb" of World War II.[/h]Christen AG, Christen JA.
    [h=3]Source[/h]Department of Oral Biology, Indiana University Nicotine Dependence Program, Indiana University Schools of Dentistry and Medicine, USA.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]On December 7, 1941, a 60-year old dentist from Irwin, Pennsylvania, Dr. Lytle S. Adams, was driving home from a vacation at Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico. Hours earlier, he had been gripped with amazement as he witnessed millions of bats exiting the caves of Carlsbad. Listening to his car radio on his return trip, he was shocked to hear that Japan had just attacked Pearl Harbor. Dr. Adams, outraged over this travesty, began to mentally construct a plan for U.S. retaliation. As his thoughts returned to the countless bats that had awed him, he formed a tentative plan: millions of these small, flying mammals could be connected to tiny, time-fused incendiary bombs, and then released to land on the flimsily constructed structures which dotted the cities of Japan. Within a few minutes, the bombs would explode and enflame the entire urban areas. He postulated that these immeasurable numbers of fires, spreading their devastation over such vast areas within Japanese cities would result in the enemy's speedy surrender. This article documents the futile efforts of Dr. Adams, his team and the U.S. government to develop and employ an effective, incendiary bat bomb. The recently developed atom bomb, a far more deadly weapon was used in its place.

Source
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    It doesn't mention if the car was guilty or even charged.
    edited November 2011
    chippy wrote: »
    It doesn't mention if the car was guilty or even charged.

Which leads me to believe the authorities had nothing on those in the car or else he papers would have been all over what scumbags they were and how the cops were making things safer for us all.
    edited November 2011
    There were people in the car?

I thought they were taking it out on the car for being stolen.
    edited November 2011
    Hmm I had not considered that. If that is the case they should give those guys a medal or something for keeping us safe from cars that let themselves be stolen.
    edited November 2011
    Must have been an inside job.

But as you say, no mention of the miscreants in the article guilty or not. just that the vehicle was suspected stolen.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited November 2011
    Was the car black?
    edited November 2011
    Well then, let this be a lesson to cars everywhere. If you let yourself be stolen don't expect the law to go easy on you.
    edited November 2011
    What I want to know is what the hell was the officer doing with a baseball bat in the first place?
    edited November 2011
    Maybe they were hunting stolen baseballs?
    edited November 2011
    It's like they were out that evening to do a bit of car bashing.
    edited November 2011
    For anyone interested here is the video of the incident.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15563422
    edited November 2011
    So there was a people in the car.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I'd be intrigued to know the back story of the event. I know the Police here go for shock and awe attempts as they don't carry lethal weapons (ie. Pistols) and can't exactly point a taser at a window. This was on a fucking motorway though, and all I can assume is that the bully boys got the job done - albeit in a crappy way.

Poor car.
    edited November 2011
    For anyone interested here is the video of the incident.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15563422

Talk about censorship...

bbc_news_sport.gif404 - Page Not Found

This might be because you typed the web address incorrectly. Please check the address and spelling ensuring that it does not contain capital letters or spaces.
    It is possible that the page you were looking for may have been moved, updated or deleted.
    Please click the back button to try another link.
    Or

*EDIT*

I found it, grabbed it, an uploaded it here:
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited November 2011
    where did they get baseball bats from anyways.. shouldnt it of been cricket sticks or what ever the fuck you call them..
    edited November 2011
    :facepalm:
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited November 2011
    i hope the owner of the car sues them and if it was stolen i feel bad for the owners

no i didnt read it the commits here seemed funnyier then the story
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited November 2011
    Lots of cop cars in the UK have baseball bats in them. I was in the back of a cop car once - my bro had his bike took off him by a gang, we were looking around to identify them, I was in as I had seen the people too (I had gone to the area to get his bike back, bought a gold club on the way and he had pointed them out to me). As we approached the group in the cop car, the cop told me to wind down my window. I asked him why and he explained that as the doors could not be opened from the inside, I would have to open it from the outside.

I asked why. He told me that if it looked like he was going to get turned over, for me to come out of the car with the bat and I had his permission to smack fuck out of whoever before his backup could arrive. The gang did not get hostile so I did not get to smack fuck out of people.

Back to the vid - whithout seeing the whole chase and stop, its easy to take it out of context. Even tho the screens on those mini's are rather thin, you would not be smashing a hole in it to drag some one out of. My guess is the cops thought the guy was going to try and drive off again and by smashing the screen, he could not see to drive. Pretty effective tactic.

If it was stolen, the insurance company would have paid for a new windscreen (and trims for the A posts, those fuckers always break when you try to take them off a Mini).
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited November 2011
    so if you can row down the window in a uk cop care whats the point in the doors not opening from the inside
    edited November 2011
    ^What? Can someone please translate this for me?
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited November 2011
    so if you can row down the window in a uk cop care whats the point in the doors not opening from the inside

That's why the windows were rolled down. So he could reach out the window and use the outside door handle. :facepalm:
    ^What? Can someone please translate this for me?
    Here's what I got out of it:

"So if you can roll down the window in a UK cop car, whats the point? The doors still will not open from the inside."
    edited November 2011
    Thanks now it makes sense.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Well, I was going to a bit bitching about this but while I reading it made a bit of sense, I especially agree with Drrocker. I mean, the guy could drive off again and they were blacks as well. Sure, they broke some mirrors and whatnot but in the end they caught them without killing them with firearms.

But why in the world was there a media crew around the scene.
    edited November 2011
    Beating the car with baseball bats would hardly prevent him from just driving off. Besides if you look at the video the traffic was a bumper to bumper parking lot at that point leaving him completely boxed by surrounding cars. There was no excuse for destroying the property of the victim in this crime.
    edited November 2011
    Beating the car with baseball bats would hardly prevent him from just driving off. Besides if you look at the video the traffic was a bumper to bumper parking lot at that point leaving him completely boxed by surrounding cars. There was no excuse for destroying the property of the victim in this crime.

You must be talking about a different video, as in the one posted above you can only see looking behind the car for the most part and to the side of the car for a few seconds. No where in the video is there a shot ahead. He could been sat at a set of traffic lights or a junction for all we can guess. Smashing the screen would not stop him from driving; however, it would severy impair his ability to drive, much in the same way as a stinger does not stop a car from working, it just makes it very difficult to control the car.
    edited November 2011
    That is a highway/motorway there are not traffic lights. But I can see you are going to defend your position regardless of the facts so you have fun with it.
    edited November 2011
    Looked to me like motorway with the lanes and the central reservation. If there werent cars in front of the suspect the police car would be parked in front of them.
    edited November 2011
    That is a highway/motorway there are not traffic lights. But I can see you are going to defend your position regardless of the facts so you have fun with it.
    Looked to me like motorway with the lanes and the central reservation. If there werent cars in front of the suspect the police car would be parked in front of them.

No, I am simply saying we do not know the facts and any atempt to guess them is futile. It is however, in London, and being that as I have driven around London quite a bit as I used to work there, their are plenty dual carraigeways with lights on them.
    edited November 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    No, I am simply saying we do not know the facts and any atempt to guess them is futile. It is however, in London, and being that as I have driven around London quite a bit as I used to work there, their are plenty dual carraigeways with lights on them.

You are the one making the wild assumptions based on your desire to take a contrary stance for the sake of an internet argument. Any reasonable person can extrapolate the "missing fact" the there is a car in front of the stolen vehicle which is stopped. Else why would the camera be in front of the car?

You are just looking for an argument for the sake of argument and I am done with your adolescent attention seeking ITT. Have a nice day.