Rise of the guylashes: Men get to grips with eye grooming

juggjugg Regular
edited November 2011 in Life
The only thing that I saw queerer than this is a guy who had his belly button pierced.

We've had guyliner and manscara but now we have the guylashes - false eyelashes for men.Stars such as Russell Brand, Brandon Flowers and Johnny Depp have encouraged men to dabble in the make-up box but many will be asking if eyelash extensions are a step too far.Eylure - a brand endorsed by Girls Aloud and stocked in stores across the UK from Boots to Harrods - are selling fake eyelashes for men priced at £4.75 a pair.

article-2056654-0EA30A5C00000578-368_468x373.jpg

SOURCE

Comments

• chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    That's not a bad price
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    Get this faggotry our of my totse. I mean really is that how unmanly the males of our world have become.
    edited November 2011
    You never had a hankering after wearing a dress TDR?
    edited November 2011
    If I ever wear one I be able to answer that one chippy ;)
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited November 2011
    £4.57? I bought mine for at least £6! :(
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I don't get the whole deal with femininity in guys. What the hell happened over the last 60 to 70 years? I know gays and the like have always existed, but you do have to wonder if there's oestrogen in the water, or some sort of fucked up experiment to turn the world into a happy flowery place full of brainwashed bellends.
    pARGPYAPr7OSqPMcVi8R6mjntPfEu06XvHN4.jpg

I despair. I truly do. And I like Johnny Depp etc.
    edited November 2011
    I think it's more a case of men regaining something they lost during the Victorian era. You do know pink used to be a male colour don't you?
    edited November 2011
    We never had that era in 'Merica. :D
    edited November 2011
    I know dude, you're all man, always have been, always will be lol
  • Chris HansenChris Hansen Regular
    edited November 2011
    Totse, I am dissapoint.
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited November 2011
    Figures. In a world where once beards and plaid once stood for a lumberjack busting ass in the woods everyday, now it stands for some stupid ass hipster making a scene and being a latte connoisseur. Fake eyelashes? Surprised it didn't come sooner, honestly.

Good thing I live somewhere that shuns this sort of sissy culture. Violently.
    edited November 2011
    Psychlonic wrote: »
    Good thing I live somewhere that shuns this sort of sissy culture. Violently.

Can I move there? Assuming it isn't Pakistan.
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited November 2011
    Don't worry, this place has it's share of other problems unfortunately. Mostly, being small and out in the middle of nowhere. It would be cool if I could transplant this area like 10 miles out of a larger city. As it stands, I have a three hour drive ahead of me if I want to go anywhere you can't yell across town in.
    edited November 2011
    Real men don't have eyelashes because they burn them off with chlorinated non cucumber treated water.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited November 2011
    truth is women want a man who smells decent and acts manly. not looks like her.
  • edited November 2011
    Why does everyone care so much about fake eyelashes?

Seriously?

SIGN OF THE TIMES MEN ARENT MEN ANYMORE.

They arent going to sell many of these things at all and you will never hear of them again.
    edited November 2011

QFT
    edited November 2011

Most girls at my University don't. If anything they love guys who are fashion concious, spends fucking ages doin their hair, spends more on clothes than worthwhile things in life and in some cases, wear make-up.

Not even funny :facepalm:
    edited November 2011
    Well he did say women and not girls...
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited November 2011
    I naturally have big eye lashes, its always awesome to say to a chick. hey check out my eye lashes, and they say "OMG! check out his eye lashes oi" and they grabbed mates and make them look. cant say its ever got me laid but I will take any positive female attention lol.

I dont just walk around making people check out my eye lashes though lol, I do slip it in when its relevant.
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited November 2011
    I've always just razed the unibrow-bridge and called it good.

It's good see that the line between male and female gender stereotypes is blurring, thoguh.