liquor

blindbatblindbat Regular
edited November 2011 in Man Cave
here we post some liquor . cheap liquor just to get drunk for the night or expensive shit to whatever .

63120150.jpg

what i'm currently drinking now . dont know what other crap to get so hopefully some of you post some cheap stuff for those one nights. or just expensive shit to give to someone as a gift.

Comments

• SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited November 2011
    Diesel, OCTANE 86!!!!

12$$$$$ for a six pack "O" bourbon and cola, 8% real cheap piss
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    Shouldnt this be in OI?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    jehsiboi wrote: »
    Shouldnt this be in OI?

Why don't you use the board as a user and let the moderators moderate the board. I tire of your useless back seat driving in thread you feel belongs elsewhere. From now on if you want to make a suggestion as to a thread being placed in another forum do so in a PM to the moderator of the section or to one of the global mods in the case of forums without an assigned moderator. But to not add useless of topic comments usch as this to threads any longer.

On topic:

Bushmills Original is a modestly priced, top shelf, single malt triple distilled Irish whiskey that has no equal in my opinion. It is smooth as glass, easy on the pallet, and at 80 proof (40% by volume) it will hurt you if you are not careful as it goes down way to easy. In my state the price recently went down from $22 per bottle to $17 per bottle so it really is a good value for the worlds oldest licensed whiskey.

Here is a timeline of Bushmills history

1608 Original Grant to Distil

King James I grants Sir Thomas Phillips a royal licence to distil ‘uisce beatha’, the gaelic for 'water of life', or whiskey as we know it today, in 'the territory of the Rowte' in Co. Antrim. This is the first official recorded evidence of whiskey-making in the area that was to become Bushmills.

1743 In the hands of smugglers

The first recorded reference to the Old Bushmills Distillery is in 1743. At the time it was "in the hands of smugglers", according to Victorian whisky journalist Alfred Barnard.

1784 Officially registered

The Old Bushmills Distillery is officially registered as a company and the pot still becomes its trade mark.

1850 A new tax

A new tax on malted barley means many Irish distillers change the recipe for their whiskey, to use both malt and un-malted barley in the mid 1850s. But Bushmills stays true to the grain, confident that using 100% malted barley makes for a superior whiskey.

1885 The distillery burns

The distillery burns to the ground. But having already earned world-wide fame and won numerous prizes at international spirits competitions, Bushmills whiskey is in such high demand that the distillery is rapidly rebuilt and soon back in full production.

1890 The S.S. Bushmills

S.S. Bushmills, the distillery's own steamship, makes its maiden voyage across the Atlantic to deliver Bushmills whiskey to America. It calls at Philadelphia and New York before heading on to Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Yokohama.

1933 The end of Prohibition

Throughout US Prohibition Bushmills is one of the few distilleries to continue production. In fact, Samuel Wilson Boyd buys the distillery in 1923 and gears up for expansion. With the repeal of US Prohibition, 10 years later, Bushmills has ample whiskey ready as reportedly, the biggest shipment ever to leave an Irish port sets sail for Chicago.

1942 World War II

Distilling has to stop during World War II, but Bushmills stays busy: the distillery is partly converted to accommodate American and other Allied forces servicemen.

2008 400 years of heritage

Bushmills toasts 400 years of local distilling heritage with a special, limited edition Irish whiskey, Bushmills 1608.

2009 Ireland's oldest working distillery

A unique whiskey-making tradition lives on at Ireland's oldest working distillery. Taste it in every drop of our whiskey.

bushmills.jpg

For a sample of it's effects when used to excess simply take 4 minutes and listen to this:

• edited November 2011
    The Irish whiskeys are smoother because unlike scotch (where they burn the peat or other smokey fuel) the irish use clean burning fuel, it leaves a smoother less harsh flavour.

You can argue that after aging in a barrel the scotch will develop a more intricate flavour and become smoother over time - this is definately true for wine and with scotch the barrel selection seems to make a huge difference in taste. You can fucking taste the cheap metallic industrial vats when you drink a poor whiskey.

In my experience aged jameson is just slightly more complex in flavour than off the shelf jameson - I've never tried bushmills.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    The Irish whiskeys are smoother because unlike scotch (where they burn the peat or other smokey fuel) the irish use clean burning fuel, it leaves a smoother less harsh flavour.

You can argue that after aging in a barrel the scotch will develop a more intricate flavour and become smoother over time - this is definately true for wine and with scotch the barrel selection seems to make a huge difference in taste. You can fucking taste the cheap metallic industrial vats when you drink a poor whiskey.

In my experience aged jameson is just slightly more complex in flavour than off the shelf jameson - I've never tried bushmills.

If you like Jameson Irish Whiskey you will love Bushmills. I will drink Jameson at a bar if they do not have Bushmills but I won't buy Jameson for the house. The reason Bushmills is smoother than Jameson is that Jameson uses both malted and unmalted barley where as Bushmills is uses only malted barley and it is triple distilled.