Making Money Quick

PacoPaco me administrator
edited November 2011 in Man Cave
This thread is dedicated to ways to make a fair amount of money in a fairly short amount of time.

I need to make $500 by mid-December and have no job to make it at. Obviously, seeing has how this is Bad Ideas, most of the ideas will be slightly less than legal. Lets just throw out ideas and maybe this thread will blossom into something semi-useful.

One idea I had was to make up some fake coupons(those ones that actually scan) for something believable. Not that "Free PlayStation" shit, I'm talking about like, buy 1 (something) get one 50% off, but on fairly big items, priced at a couple hundred bucks. Say I buy some Beats by Dre headphones and get one pair for 50% off. They cost about 200 bucks each so I would pay $300 for two pairs. I would then sell them to some kids in my school or on Craigslist for $175 each. Hell, I don't even need to take them out of the box and I can just sell them for 180-190. People are really cheap and are willing to buy shit from a third party for just 10 bucks less. I walk away 50-80 bucks richer, with very little real risk of being caught. Obviously the more expensive the item the higher the risk, but also the higher the reward.

Does anyone see any flaws with this plan?

Also, lets here some more ideas.

Comments

• SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited November 2011
    car batteries.

go out to the back of car garages and steal their used car batteries. you will probly get about $10 each at the scrap dealer.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited November 2011
    Donate Plazma
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited November 2011
    jugg wrote: »
    Donate Plazma

This. All the niggers here do it.

Get a couple people hooked on meth or crack, that could be an easy steady $500+ a month.
  • thomasthomas Semo-Regulars
    edited November 2011
    Make a post in a million forums requesting a donation.
  • edited November 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    One idea I had was to make up some fake coupons(those ones that actually scan) for something believable. Not that "Free PlayStation" shit, I'm talking about like, buy 1 (something) get one 50% off, but on fairly big items, priced at a couple hundred bucks. I walk away 50-80 bucks richer, with very little real risk of being caught. Obviously the more expensive the item the higher the risk, but also the higher the reward.

I'd say that the risk/reward ratio is skewed in favour of taking risk. If you can get away with using a coupon for something thats 200; you may as well go for the 400 and catch the same charge.

Do some research about what the threshold limits are; Do cashiers need a managers key for coupons with over a $50 value?

A few years ago selling the product would of been hard but with ebay, CL and others you can move things easily - just check the liquidity of the market and the prices things are going for; if the product sells on ebay for -20% of the retail then you start to have slim margins for your time and risk cost because you already need to forefeit 40% of the tag value to actually sell the things.

With that said; the main limitations will be that you can hit a single store once safely.

I would consider selling the actual coupons to people; let them carry the risk.

In all seriousness though $500 isnt a huge amount of money; theres a few ways to pull that number.
  • DannyOceanDannyOcean New Arrival
    edited November 2011
    I need to pay off about $1000, pronto. Before my face gets punched in.

I was thinking about getting into pick pocketting? Get some CC and buying prepaid credit cards with them?
  • edited November 2011
    ^ You could get into opportunistic pick-pocketing, snatching things from bags and pockets which are just waiting to be picked? Could be an easy way of making a few bucks.
    edited November 2011
    That's what I'm thinking about doing. I found a brief guide on here about it, but I'd need some way to practice before I just jump into it.

I'm quite familiar with shoplifting, I feel like the nerves and demeanor is there, but the skill is not.
  • edited November 2011
    Use the kitchen chair method to practice. Get yourself a kitchen chair, hang a pair of jeans / a jacket / a backpack on the back of it, put it up to the required height and practice your lifting.
    edited November 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Use the kitchen chair method to practice. Get yourself a kitchen chair, hang a pair of jeans / a jacket / a backpack on the back of it, put it up to the required height and practice your lifting.

Gorgeous.
  • edited November 2011
    For a bit more realism, you can shove a pillow inside the jeans to make the ass stick out a bit more so it feels more like you're lifting from a human being. Alternatively, get a good friend to help you practice on them.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    • Pickpocketing
    • Selling drugs (slow startup depending on which drugs)
    • Car shopping
    • Odd jobs/Handyman
    • Begging (Nearer xmas = More people about. My mate busked and got £80 in 2 hours for singing and barely playing guitar)
    • Scrap metal (Time vs Effort/Payout)
    • Selling cigs/booze to underage kids and keeping the change (low profit vs risk)