Smoking banned in cars in the UK

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Smoking in all cars across the UK should be banned to protect people from second-hand smoke, doctors say.

The British Medical Association has made the call following research that shows the level of toxins in a car can be up to 23 times higher than in a smoky bar.

Source

:facepalm:

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Fuckin' pansies. How are they going to enforce that? If it's not harmful to your passengers (which, fair enough) then they'll make up some bullshit "oh it's like being on the phone while driving".

I'm tempted to go to Parliament naked, smoking dope, drinking JD and dragging a bleeding child with me. Take that, you tarts.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    I think what comes out of the back of a car is more harmful than the smoking taking place in it.
  • edited November 2011
    Sounds pretty retarded to me. Hell, even if you DO have passengers in your car, you'd ask them if they minded you smoking before lighting up. And even when you DO light up, you open the window anyway! No one drives around town with a car full of passengers, windows sealed shut and hot-boxing a cigarette anyway :facepalm:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Sounds pretty retarded to me. Hell, even if you DO have passengers in your car, you'd ask them if they minded you smoking before lighting up. And even when you DO light up, you open the window anyway! No one drives around town with a car full of passengers, windows sealed shut and hot-boxing a cigarette anyway :facepalm:

I am going to fly to the UK, grab a handful of MPs, stuff them in a car, seal the seat belts with superglue, break the windows so the won't roll down, and smoke cheap 2 foot cigars.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited November 2011
    The thread title is wrong. Smoking has not been banned in cars in the UK - the BMA - basically, the doctors union, has started to campaign for a ban. They have been calling for boxing to be banned for more than 25 years and that has gone no where.
  • Ad NauseamAd Nauseam Acolyte
    edited November 2011
    I thought it was banned with passengers already. Along with that whole no smoking in enclosed workspaces drama they had a few years back.

Still, it doesn't really affect me. I shall continue to not care.