College is such a load of fucking bullshit.

PacoPaco me administrator
edited January 2012 in Spurious Generalities
AGHH. I just need to bitch and moan about it because I'm stressing the fuck out over these fucking applications. Seriously, some of this shit is just a load of horse shit. I have to pay NYU $70, just so that they can tell me if I'm good enough to go to their school? What the fuck is that shit? Application fees are a giant pile of pull shit. Somewhere are $20-$40 might make sense if I was applying on physical paper, that would make sense to me, but NO, I'm doing it ONLINE, it shouldn't cost me a total of $125 to send out FUCKING applications, and fucking think about it, I might get denied by all of the schools I apply to, so I basically wasted a week of my life, and $125 on some stupid fucking bullshit.

Phew, felt good to get that out.

I guess... Discuss College Bullshit?

Comments

• GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    You and me both :( It makes me so sodding angry that Conservatories ask for 60 quid just for an audition (payable to CUCKAS) for every Conservatoire that you apply for :angry: As if they havent got enough money as it is, and if you apply for 3 (which alot of people do, either 2 or 3) that means you have to shell out 180 quid!!!! You are not guaranteed a place, and while all normal unis do it for free you have to pay for the conservatories that are so up themselves. Really really annoying. :angry:

Also, the college bus passes are stupid. Allot of guys I know have to pay for their bus passes and they come all the way from Newport (because there isnt a Music BTEC course there), whereas people that live close to college have it for free just because they live in a different county borough (I think thats why anyway)!!! That is injustice to all those who live far away, and it means that some people just cannot afford the bus travel (I knew one girl who dropped out for that very reason). Its just stupid, and gross incompetence.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    Thank fuck I didn't had this problem :).
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited December 2011
    Our problem was never bus passes.
    It was parking passes.
    Says right on the pass "parking NOT guaranteed".
    So, for $120 per semester, I can maybe, possibly, get a parking spot kinda close to my class.
    That is, IF I decide to show up 45-60 minutes early, squat in the lot and wait for someone to leave.
    I was lucky in that I had my app fees paid for.
    Especially considering I wasn't accepted to any school that required one.

Between tuition, bullshit fees, books, gas, etc. there's a damn good reason I dropped out.
    The cost to information learned ratio was completely fucked.
    Sure, I don't have a great job now.
    I do have direction and a plan to get where I need to be.
    All that without an additional minimum of $40k debt.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Got 3 months left. Once I leave, fuck 'em. Got a job I like on the horizon and don't intend on learning about History. I'm just glad I learnt what I learnt through life - University or not.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited January 2012
    I decided FUCK NYU, I'm not even going to bother. They want too much shit from me.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    You quit then? Or quit before you began?
    Either way, just get your head down and *insert dick joke here* no seriously, do what makes you happy. Just live within your means for a bit. Common sense really.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    Go to some kind of school. If you want to spend your life in a black pepper factory picking fly shit out of pepper before it is packaged then go to fly shit picking school first.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited January 2012
    Don't worry, I still plan on going to college. Just not New York University.