Giant Walking Spider

RunScreamingRunScreaming Acolyte
edited December 2011 in Spurious Generalities
It's not going to set the land speed record.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    I was expecting a HUGE spider but this wasn't that bad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBdUUAnxzjM&feature=player_embedded
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited December 2011
    And here is me thinking you meant this guy:

This guy built a real spider robot. I have been following him for about 18 months I think. If chuck norris turned up at this guys place and was in mind of a fight, chuck norris would die that very day.

Highlights:

Need to build a house on the land with my workshop - no probs.

Need a bandsaw for said housebuilding - some scaffold, a lawnmower engine and some old wheels do the trick.

Mig weld aluminium with a cheap ass welder, what must be an 850 watt genny and some car batteries. And lots of solar panels.

Added to that he insulates his workshop with fish boxes, wears heavy chains on the wrists and chainmail when he goes running, lives in a PVC coated tree with his girlfriend and baby, is more than likely a polymath and is one of those people that make the world a better place.

The spider robot series is up to 67 at the moment and they are mostly 10 minutes long. If you are into making things it is very good to watch to give you some ideas about different tecniques. If you are already pretty experienced it shows you how some one can go utterly out of the box with an idea and for it to work. Or not.

If you are into watching a very entertaining series on youtube, watch it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    And here is me thinking you meant this guy:

This guy built a real spider robot. I have been following him for about 18 months I think. If chuck norris turned up at this guys place and was in mind of a fight, chuck norris would die that very day.

Highlights:

Need to build a house on the land with my workshop - no probs.

Need a bandsaw for said housebuilding - some scaffold, a lawnmower engine and some old wheels do the trick.

Mig weld aluminium with a cheap ass welder, what must be an 850 watt genny and some car batteries. And lots of solar panels.

Added to that he insulates his workshop with fish boxes, wears heavy chains on the wrists and chainmail when he goes running, lives in a PVC coated tree with his girlfriend and baby, is more than likely a polymath and is one of those people that make the world a better place.

The spider robot series is up to 67 at the moment and they are mostly 10 minutes long. If you are into making things it is very good to watch to give you some ideas about different tecniques. If you are already pretty experienced it shows you how some one can go utterly out of the box with an idea and for it to work. Or not.

If you are into watching a very entertaining series on youtube, watch it.

That guy is my hero. GOD I wish i was cool as him. Fuck man.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2011
    Who does this guy think he is? Dr. Loveless?