chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
edited January 2012 in Spurious Generalities
"FINE"
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and
you need to shut up.

"FIVE MINUTES"
If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only
five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch
the game before helping around the house.

"NOTHING"
This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and
you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with "Nothing"
usually end with "Fine."

"GO AHEAD"
This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH
This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often
misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you
are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing
here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

"THAT'S OKAY"
This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman
can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to
think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay
for your mistake.

"THANKS"
A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say
"you're welcome."

Funny, BUT TRUE!

Comments

• SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited January 2012
    too bad women are more complicated than that lol
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    Spinster wrote: »
    too bad women are more complicated than that lol

No, they really are not.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Just take it at face value and go along with it. It differs from woman to woman, but I learnt the cynical side from my Father. Anything for an easy life ;)
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited January 2012
    It differs woman to woman to start with. After a few years all women are the same.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    chippy wrote: »
    It differs woman to woman to start with. After a few years all women are the same.

Amen to that brother. And the OP is spot on with all of them from the get go.
  • edited January 2012
    I know the "thats okay" one all too well, my girlfriend is always pulling that card if I disappoint her somehow!
    edited January 2012
    My women say none of those words, she is terrified I will break up with her so she is always trying to please my. I feel guilty about enjoying it.
    edited January 2012
    you wait till you've been together 10 years dude
    edited January 2012
    Tonight she called me a fucking asshole, when I dropped her home after a drive of 1 1/2 silence all i said was bye when she got out of the car. I was either that or exploding in a fit of rage, My knukles are rather white from clenching the steering wheel.
    edited January 2012
    This is why I can't have a relationship. My view of life has been warped too much to coherently hold a conversation with a female face-to-face for more than 10 minutes unless I'm on something. I used to hate the "Ok" reply. I mean, the fuck? Everything obviously isn't Ok, so let's get to the arse of the problem and sort it out.
    Sucks to hear about the other half, Spinster. Maybe you should apply your name to her? I've found a harem of women work well. Numerous booty calls and a private life ftw.

Shit, maybe that's why I'm called Patrick Bateman sometimes on nights out...
    edited January 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    Shit, maybe that's why I'm called Patrick Bateman sometimes on nights out...

Ah HAHAHA OMG far out!

Yeh thinking over dumping her for a while, she just not the same person who a met anymore. Its hard though because she has father issues and I dont want her to hate men for the rest of her life because I broke up with her badly :/
    edited January 2012
    Just don't make the mistake of offering to put her pet's down.
    edited January 2012
    I said that sarcastically because was complaining about having to spend $50 to get the thing put properly by gasing them unconscious (start ya bastard) and lethal injecting them (epsom salts) she gets my sense of humor, she is mad at me for something else, but what?

EDIT: Her mate said he would feed it to his pit bull, my methoed is rather humane compard to his.
    edited January 2012
    It's probably nothing.
    "NOTHING"
    This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and
    you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with "Nothing"
    usually end with "Fine."
    edited January 2012
    Well I asked her (this was before the aguement started and before the awkward drive) What was up she said "just shit" then I said "if you dont tell me how can I understand why you are so down?" then she said"just work, home, friends...................................You"
    Me: what have I done?
    Her: youve been a fucking asshole to me
    Me: HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU SAY THAT TO ME?

arguement over
    This was on the drive homw from a weekend with her friends at her mates holiday house, I was a gentelman all weekend, I cooked a did manish things like starting the gerators and lighting fire, gathring firewood then fully satisfying her at the end of a busy day. the post sex (I still had a condom on) she brings up that she brought a new mouse and told to be prepared to be kept awake because it loves it wheel, then she starts bitching because I complianed about the mouse keeping me awake and her siblings waking me in the early hours of the morning, she said they are just kids and they cant help. Fair enough but i would not have said anything if she had brought up the mouse keeping her awake and the children etc?

WHY U TALKING!

Is my women broken?
    edited January 2012
    Women do find the strangest things to moan about. My Mother has a habit of "thinking aloud" thich really pisses my Dad off...

"Oh this plug socket is really in need of a repair" or "I should really take the dog for a walk", implying my Dad should do it all after working 8am to 7pm which slowly gets him down and explains why a crate of 24 cans of Belgian beer I bought him went in a week. As for you Spinster, I'd suggest giving it a break. Daddy issues are no fun at all. In my experience (which I'm sure is a lot less than yours) means said Woman looks for a hybrid mix of boyfriend and Daddy partner which, let's be honest, isn't going to work out too well. It's not your fault. She just needs to grow up, accept life, move on and either return sane or sod off.

And yep, I get called a few names. Be it like my Dad - "Mr Discretion" (or "Onion" as I never reveal my history and tell different people different things/layers so nobody has the full image of me), or "Machete", "Patrick Bateman" or "Mr Nice". Funnily enough most of them have double meanings but all relate to relationships and my attitude towards them.
    Trust takes years to build, but a moment to shatter. Assuming you are telling the truth, which I don't doubt at all with the whole "manly" things, then she has nothing to worry about. Give her time away and not in an abandonment way (unless you want to) in order to get her thoughts together. Obviously this comes with risks, like her finding a new bloke within a few weeks, not coming back, or seeing you as taking the easy way out.

Woman logic. It just doesn't compute. Glad I know a few Women with Male minds that get the whole banter side to life. Self-mocking, blokey-ness and the meaning of a good friendship as opposed to materialism.
    edited January 2012
    No your woman's not broken. This is normal. You're not allowed to have something to complain about that is her fault. That's her prerogative. You are supposed to accept and reassure everything is ok and you don't mind. This is her way of shifting the blame and making your complaint into something that's your fault. It's part of the moulding process that in time will make you pliant to her every whim.
    If I were you I would make a big thing of apologising unreservedly for being honest. not in a sarcastic way though. Make it plain you will think twice about being honest in a similar situation next time.
    Or you could try playing her at her own game. Do the silent bit, when she asks what's wrong come out with something like, I thought you knew me better than you do. Then let her drag out of you that you thought she knew you to be honest about things in your relationship. Trouble is, playing them at their own game is dangerous. You need to be good at it to succeed.
    edited January 2012
    Yeh she is good, likes cars, puts out,dosnt whine about me hanging with my mates, dosent think im weird and gives good blow jobs (swallows). she has other good qualities but these are my favourite!
    I feel like she is taking everything out on me thats going wrong atm, when I feel se should be discussing it with me, give her something to lean on if you will.

Thanks for the advice guys, Im going to let the dust setting then wait for her to come to me. I think we need to apoligize with each other, I know its risky but hey there is plenty more girls out there!

She is rather immature, Im 19 and she is 17. I am her first boyfriend, where as I have had a few girls before and had my heart torn to pieces and with that come some maturity. also im better at games, lets just say she broke up with me before and I had her back within a month. lol
    edited January 2012
    She said sorry
    edited January 2012
    Chippy you should "Im just tired" to the list. dont really know what it means but either way your fucked!