Strange Sounds in the Sky

(nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
edited February 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Here:

http://strangesoundsinthesky.com/

Whatever it is, it is apparently the sign the worlds gonna end. Discuss.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2012
    This is the first I have heard of this but let's look at some of this objectively for a moment.

Source
    UPDATE 1/26: Mystery Solved. The rumble is thought to have come from the air and not the earth. A military company named Pacific Aerospace admits to causing the tremors. The company says they were blasting to bond metals. Pacific Aerospace is 40 miles away, as the crow flys, in Sequim, Washington, USA.

If those explosions caused people’s bedroom furniture to shift at a distance of 40 miles away, then I can’t imagine what it must have been like within a 20 mile radius. Seems like a case for a nuisance claim. The US is like a noisy neighbor that will never move. The Windsor, Ontario “hum” is thought to originate from Zug Island near Detroit (this has not been proven). See the post here.

Thank you commenter Keri for this update. You can see the video explaining the Vancouver rumble here.

Indeed if an explosion caused furniture to shift at a distance of 40 miles the shock wave at the epicenter would have turned soft organs to mush. So if there were "tremors" this "official" explanation just does not wash.

Below is the video he has embedded on the link you provided.

Now I listened to this and heard some faint rumbling that sounds like nothing more than distant thunder. Who knows, maybe it sounded different live as this is obviously not a high quality audio track. But she says several times it is windy and you can hear the wind on the track. Wind and thunder, it happens....

Below is a video that lends credibility to the existence of this phenomenon although no explanations is offered. The puzzling thing is that they report seismologists claim there is no seismic activity.

Here are some weak attempts at an explanation form an area newspaper report.

Source
    After a few more reports over the weekend about unusual rumblings in the Sooke area, the most plausible explanations remain the same.
    Last week, experts from the Pacific Geoscience Centre said no seismic activity was involved. They suggested that sound waves travelling a long distance through the atmosphere could be the cause, perhaps from jets travelling at supersonic speed or from some sort of military testing.
    It is also possible the incidents were caused by something known as a whistler, in which energy generated by a thunderstorm can travel from hemisphere to hemisphere through magnetic-field lines and create a sound. Sooke Mayor Wendal Milne said a number of calls have come in to municipal offices from residents. "It was a bit of curiosity but it wasn't a big event," he said

Apparently reports of this phenomenon is not limited to the Pacific Northwest region. The link below has a map showing the locations of 82 similar reports world wide in the same time frame as the Sooke event.

http://seektress.com/ssounds.htm

I must admit this last part has piqued my curiosity...