I just signed up to Netflix...

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited June 2012 in Spurious Generalities
I've heard things about it left, right and center. Not much bad, so I decided to sign up for a free month, and see if it'd be worth it signing up. 5.99 a month seems a bit much, considering I have a £34 a month phone contract to uphold, and I only get £65 a week since I'm only on an apprenticship.

Well I'm going through a few things now, and after the month I suppose I'll see how I get on with out it. For all I know, I might wear it out after the first month and get bored anyway. Does anyone have experiences with Netflix? Does anyone have anything to say about it? And "it's awesome because of movies!" or "it sucks because you have to pay and you can illegally download films!" don't count as proper reviews. :p

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2012
    common opinion says they'll be defunct within two years. They were a good service a few years ago but they've lost their worthwhile titles when starz ditched them.

you're better off finding a "pay for the movie you watch" service (like itunes), you have the BBC so you're covered for everything but films.
  • edited June 2012
    I haven't had any personal experiences with Netflix but from what I've heard, it's pretty awesome. I've got it on my PS3 but haven't signed up for anything yet, but I've got friends who practically live on the thing. It's got a lot of stuff on too, so you won't really ever be lost for stuff to watch.

Maybe I'll sign up for a free month too :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    I have a Netflix account but they told me Pakistan isn't supported yet. I prefer using Torrents, but it's just me. Netflix does have a great line up of shows and movies. Worth it if you watch a lot of shows.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Torrents for me too, until they are defeated somehow then it's Usenet as I like to keep a physical copy of all the films and TV shows I download. Bit of a hoarder in that sense.

Also, watch "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan on Netflix. As a huge fan of his work, especially when stoned or tripping - or both, I watched it with my mate at University one night. He hasn't viewed the world through the same eyes since.