Screw the Olympics and their shitty torch.

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited July 2012 in Spurious Generalities
So, as most of you know, I work at a school. The olympic torch was going through our town and we thought it'd be really good for the kids to see it. So we got them all (roughly 100 in count. It's a small school) and we walked them at least 3 miles to a place we knew the torch was going to drive by. We waited for at least 20 minutes and then we saw some police bikes. They waved, the kids waved back, we all smiled... no torch though. Suddenly the cars stopped and normal traffic flow was resumed. We thought to ourselves "no... that can't be it?" and the look on most of these kids faces was heartbreaking- even if you don't like children, you couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed for them. But one of the teachers says "I think that's something else. I hear the torch is behind it."

So we wait again. For another 10 minutes... more police bikes, and a van with a Olympics 2012 logo on it... but no torch. They looked up at me. "Mr. Thirdrock*... is that it?" some of them said, and the disappointment in their faces was just heartbreaking. Where do these assholes get off? I don't expect the torch to be ran through the whole country, but can't you at least put it on show? What the fuck is this bullshit? They saw the kids... maybe they could have slowed down a BIT. Isn't that the fucking point? I also hear there isn't just one torch.... there's loads of them for all different parts of the country. WHAT THE FUCK? That's bull! That doesn't make it symbolic at all! The only thing passed is the flame, and that's just fueled by a gas canister inside the fucking torches anyway so that's a massive bust.

Fuck the Olympics. They can shove all the torches up their damned asses.

*They don't actually call me Mr. Thirdrock.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2012
    I saw this in the news today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18756050

It just reinforced my disappointment at this Summer. I think us Brits should meet up and do some crashing of the event. I know some bitch who got a great grade in her degree which was "Event Management" and she's working with Paralympic athletes just to make herself look better - and she admitted to this. It just seemed to confirm to me that this whole thing is a sham.
    Never been a sports fan or lover of "Britishness".
    This is just one big gangbang of business, with big figures of money flying round, metaphorically sticking to everything, making people forget about reality - until it's over.

And I will bet money on the whole Populous feeling the way your kids at School did. Because I already do, and I'm trying so hard to ignore it. But damn, is it hard.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2012
    I held one of the torches that was used :) It's really well constructed, and pretty cool up close!
    edited July 2012
    DUDE! I wondered where you went. Glad to see you are alive :D
    To be fair the torches do look pretty swanky. How heavy are they? What with all the holes I thought they would be pretty light (I'll have to look up what metal they are made from). How did you get to the position of holding one, as well? Doesn't sound something many members of the Public could do.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2012
    Security reasons - They probably saw the kids and thought "Fuck it! There's kids up ahead. Detour, Detour" after those other two tried snatching it.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Thankyou, it's a pleasure to be back :) Just had bits and bobs to do with college and piano stuff and I must admit I got a bit swamped under by it all. They are reasonably heavy, not as light as you would expect. Personally, I hate running with anything in my hands so I would find the torch annoying. A lady who ran with it brought one to college as part of a college fare (the fare was absolutely awful) :)
    edited July 2012
    Ah that's cool, you made it through :) I tend to run with my cock in my hand so it is like the Olympic torch so I can probably guesstimate the weight *nods as an expert*

Seriously though I'd love to get my hands on one. Maybe in 20 years time if I'm still around there will be one in a museum where you can recreate a scene out of the Olympics with it. That is pretty cool, just having someone bring it in (can you keep them? I guess so). Lol at the fare :p
    edited July 2012
    Yay for this guy though :p