Video inside the cylinder of a running petrol engine.

SpinsterSpinster Regular
edited July 2012 in Man Cave
As the title says.

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2012
    That is pretty neat to see.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2012
    The video is OK but the thought of a lens that can take that kind of heat and pressure is pretty amazing.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited July 2012
    That was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited July 2012
    The video is OK but the thought of a lens that can take that kind of heat and pressure is pretty amazing.
    This vid was made years ago,the lens they used was made out of a thick piece of quartz.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited July 2012
    This one makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

Vid takes about a minute till they crank it up.
    edited July 2012
    I kept waiting for it to seize.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited July 2012
    Those are definitely things you don't see every day!!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    I will admit, I was impressed by the camera. But the second video was WIN!
    edited July 2012
    It really shows what you are up against when modifying cars and how important it is to upgrade your valve springs when installing a big cam or building a car for high RPM, AND put those steel washers in that they seat on, otherwise the valve spring would start cutting into your cylinder head!
    (Video is not in real time)

This video is cool, noise is annoying (dont flame me for saying it sounds annoying, I <3 V8's) But the video shows how important the right valve springs are.
    edited July 2012
    A V8 is the only real motor and the best three that were ever built were the GM 350 the 351 Windsor and the 351 Cleveland in terms of how much horsepower you can gain by "hotrodding" them. For example the small block 350 has about the best bore to stoke ratio of any production engine ever made (145 hp (108 kW)-370 hp (276 kW)). And while the Windsor and the Cleveland were both respectable competitors to achieve a similar stock bore to stroke ratio with Fords solution one would have to run a "Cleavor". That is a Windsor block with Cleveland heads.
    edited July 2012