edited August 2012 in Man Cave
Post vids or pics of V8's!!!!

This thing, OMG. If I had one wish.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2012
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited July 2012
    This is what happens when a Ford falcon and a nascar make a baby.
    edited July 2012
    1100 CID baby...
    edited July 2012
    I wish they had used a better microphone, or stood further back :(
    edited July 2012
    Can you imagine if you could get that mounted in a 1954 Buick Roadmaster?
    edited July 2012
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited July 2012
    ^^ Thats a neat video, but heres one of my favorites. They really let her rip!
    [video]http://www.streetfire.net/video/mini-v8-in-the-kitchen_18569.htm[/video]
    Also, here are a couple of my full size favorites
    edited July 2012

Straya cunt
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2012

3Z244.jpg

I use to own 2 of these. 1973 VJ regal 2dr. One had a 318 and a bit of a dog. The other I did up. Cut out what little rust it had in it, painted it close to that color (put red pearl in the sapphire blue paint), Raped a perfectly good CH Chrysler 360 and dumped the running gear into my coupe including the rear end, drive shaft blablabla. CH & CJ 4dr have the same wheelbase as a VH/VJ regal 2dr. Put some minor performance bits in my 360. It went well until I detonated a piston. Fuck! I miss that car...:(
    edited August 2012
    A 318 and a 36o that must be your version of a Dodge/Chrysler.
    edited August 2012
    Dear Skylines.

Get fucked.

Yours sincerely, V8's
    edited August 2012
    A 318 and a 36o that must be your version of a Dodge/Chrysler.
    The Valiant charger had a much shorter wheel base than a dodge charger. It had a 105" wheel base. But the VJ regal coupe had a 115" and more related to the dodge charger.
    The Valiant Charger was the more performance orientated of the 2. It came with a 6cyl 245ci, 265ci - V8 318ci, 340ci, and 360ci The 265 6cyl 6 pack was the quickest down the 1/4 and on the bathurst track.
    edited August 2012
    Nothing from Valiant with the 392 C.I.D./6.4L Hemi?

Oh and here is the worlds smallest supercharged V8

ENGINE SPECS

TYPE
    FOUR STROKE V8

NO. OF CYLINDERS

BORE
    1.000 inch

STROKE

0.900 inch

DISPLACEMENT
    5.655 cubic inches

COMPRESSION RATIO
    9 to 1

ROTATION
    clockwise

RPM MAX

HORSE POWER
    ?????????

WEIGHT COMPLETE
    25 pounds

FIRING ORDER
    1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

SUPERCHARGER
    rotary sliding vanes

CARBURATION
    dual WALBRO carbs

IGNITION
    dual electronic

OIL SYSTEM
    two stage dry sump

edited August 2012
    edited August 2012
    Nothing from Valiant with the 392 C.I.D./6.4L Hemi?

Oh and here is the worlds smallest supercharged V8

I wish Chyrsler au did bring out a BB factory version in 60s/70s valiants, although I have done BB conversions on 3 of them. Plus worked on a few.

As for that blown mini hemi. Fuck! That would go nice in my chainsaw. :eek:
    edited August 2012
    bornkiller wrote: »
    As for that blown mini hemi. Fuck! That would go nice in my chainsaw. :eek:

How about a matching snow blower.

Source
    Let's Do The Math
    Why?

454 cubic inches of displacement converts into 7439.73 cc. Your conservative and efficient hardware store snow blower is approximately 277cc. By comparison, the V8 snow blower is 26.8 times larger in terms of displacement. Is the V8 snow blower 26.8 times more efficient you ask? Short answer?...no.

So then, why? With paramount environmental issues such as improving air quality, preventing global warming and the launch of hybrid vehicles (all aimed at ensuring our sustainability on this planet,) would I build such a machine?

The answer I tell most people is quite honestly, "For no good reason." Except for maybe one or two personal preferences that I subscribe to. Truth is, the V8, 454 cubic inch Chevrolet powered walk behind snow blower is the answer to a question that no one has asked. Ready for this one? I am a leisure Ford 'enthusiast' Not brand loyal or, a fiercely devout Ford fanatic, I said 'enthusiast'.

As a kid that has grown up with a blue oval in the driveway, I guess to some degree, I am a small product of my home town environment. As such, I often receive a lot of friendly razzing from my good friends about my affliction with Fords from non other than who? Yup, those guys that sit on the Dodge and Chevy camp. With opinions flaring over a camp fire and bragging about who's truck or car is better than mine, well, that was the real genesis behind this machine. I wanted to throw a good humoured dig at some of my Chevy buddies by building the Chevy snow blower.

My reasoning was simple. If I were to build a V8 Chevy powered snow blower, at least ONE of those eight lazy cylinders would fire up in the cold! Law of averages. As opposed to my Briggs, the Chevy NEEDS 8 cylinders to get the job done! When Chevrolet openly advertised the fact that their engines would shut down certain cylinders to conserve fuel, I would respond with "Chevy engines have been doing that for the last 40 years or so!" The sort of moment you have when taking a compression test and after turning the engine over repeatedly, the compression gauge displays a prompt that reads 'PLEASE REFER TO THE NEXT CYLINDER ...

"In my opinion, Chevy motors are more at home in things like garden tools and equipment right? Safety First sort of thing. Be safe, put a Chevy in it, and nobody gets hurt. The blower would compliment my V8 Chevy riding lawnmower for example. Maybe a 4.3L V6 leaf blower too? (Truth is, the Chevy continues to be fiercely reliable and dependable.)

Now, that's all fine and good to stoke the brand rivalry from time to time. I really don't have a bad bone in my body against any auto manufacturer and, yes, I have owned and enjoyed many of the products from General Motors. Be clear, no offence to Chevy as they are a world class manufacturer, just not the best in my opinion. ( I did say that I was not brand loyal didn't I?) This was my own attempt at making my Chevy following friends laugh and keep the rivalry alive. A slice of my own humble pie. I must say, that mandate was met with total success. Since then, The whole V8 snow blower has enjoyed brisk media attention and made people think 'Why?'

So you see, it is not about the math, compensating for other inadequacies or polluting the environment and creating your own hole in the ozone layer!

edited August 2012
    edited August 2012
    How about a matching snow blower.

To go with the blender in the kitchen?

edited August 2012
    Haha I love that vid.

Just to show you what they put that engine in ( other than the Corvette ) Here is the Holden Super Clubby, My dream car!!!
    edited August 2012
    0 - 100 in 4.7 seconds is amazing.
    edited August 2012

That is Kmph dont forget :) but still Bloody fast!
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited August 2012

I think that might be in KPH, but that's still really quick!

Edit: Dammit, beaten by like 3 min!! :angry:
    edited August 2012
    Haha ninja.
    edited August 2012
    I guess it ain't bad taking its weight into consideration as well.