Totseans band

GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
edited August 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Right, this should be awesome!! :D On a previous thread, we got into conversation about how it would be awesome to form a Totseans band of some sorts and quite a few people said that they would be willing to get involved in this thread What Brand of instrument do you play
This type of thing as many possibilities and will be great fun, bringing the community together to work as a collective and in a musical sense just seeing what we can come up with :)

If your reading this and you play something, post below and tell us what you play!!!! We'll add the instrument to the piece that we're doing and it'll sound even better. We will all have input on this, create parts for ourselves, make suggestions etc. We are not short of facilities either: BK has Fruity Loops, I have Cubase and will soon be attending a music course in Uni (equipment, sound production software etc) so there is nothing that we don't have.

As it stands, the current members of the band are:
  1. GoingNowhere on keyboards/Cubase drums (good samples),clarinet etc (whatever we're short of or need).
  2. Bornkiller on lead guitar
  3. TRX100 rhythm guitar
  4. Darth Beaver (TDR) Bass
  5. DementedCupcakes on Flute
  6. Spinster on vocals

Another gentlemen maybe on the list would be Remade , but I don't know if he plays anything. If anyone plays any instrument (including singing), post below!! :)

This will be nice and structured though, as if there is no structure it may just fall apart! And please keep an eye on this post, it will be continually updated.

Updates
Just stickied the thread as it's a long term thing.

Structure
First step: Introduce your instruments, how long you've been playing, and what kind of music you play and enjoy (Very Important) :)

Comments

• edited August 2012
    I play guitar, but I've also got Cubase if you need anything extra laying down. My keyboard is under the bed at the moment though so I'd prefer to record some guitar instead :D I also play bass, but apparently TDR plays bass? I had no idea. :D
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2012
    trx100 wrote: »
    I play guitar, but I've also got Cubase if you need anything extra laying down. My keyboard is under the bed at the moment though so I'd prefer to record some guitar instead :D I also play bass, but apparently TDR plays bass? I had no idea. :D

That's awesome, thanks TRX :) Neither did I lol, you learn something new about people every day eh? What kind of music do you enjoy playing? Are you more of a rhythm guitarist or lead?
  • edited August 2012
    I'm definitely more of a rhythm guitarist, although I'll play the odd solo every now and again :D
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2012
    I'll lay claim to the lead if thats cool with you guys. I can hide my fuckups behind yous and BS my way through it. :rolleyes:

We need to find everyones comfort level plus we need a theme, music style and tune. But meh! Plenty time for that I suppose. We can work a tune out later & sort ourselves out first. ;)

Any vocalists in the house yo?
    edited August 2012
    ^^ Awesome, I imagined you as a leady person :) Yeah, that's what I was thinking. That's why I wanted to know what everyone enjoyed playing on a day to day basis= What kind of music you like playing, so that when we come to picking the style/genre of music everybody would enjoy it.

You may disagree with me, but I think DFG would have a good voice :) Pity he doesn't sing!! lol
  • edited August 2012
    Don't you sing GoingNowhere? I swear you do... ;)

If all else fails, we'll just be an instrumental band :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2012
    My voice sucks ass.

I can help with video, audio mastering, promotions and the works.
    edited August 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    My voice sucks ass.
    Damn! I was looking forward to a paki themed song. :(

I can help with video, audio mastering, promotions and the works.

Sound mixing would be MF awesome bro. :)

If somebody needs an audio editor/creator , you can either torrent one like Cubase, Fruity Loops, Sony....etc. Or you can use Audacity which is opensource & does the job reasonably well. (Not sure how it performs in windows though.)

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows
    edited August 2012
    Don't you sing GoingNowhere? I swear you do... ;)

If all else fails, we'll just be an instrumental band :D

Haha, damn how do you remember that! Only choir though (top tenor), haven't done any solo work :)
    edited August 2012
    Haha, damn how do you remember that! Only choir though (top tenor), haven't done any solo work :)

Hmmm....Vocalist huh!seeyx.gif
    edited August 2012
    Well, this kind of thing might be an idea for instrumental stuff: http://grooveshark.com/s/Sylvia/2r2D66?src=5 and http://grooveshark.com/s/House+Of+The+King/4l9laH?src=5 if there's no vocals :) Instrumentals are cool anyways
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited August 2012
    I can play Guitar and sing, sometimes puberty rears its ugly head but I dont think Im too bad. maybe i could play a chain saw too haha
    edited August 2012
    Well, this kind of thing might be an idea for instrumental stuff: http://grooveshark.com/s/Sylvia/2r2D66?src=5 and http://grooveshark.com/s/House+Of+The+King/4l9laH?src=5 if there's no vocals :) Instrumentals are cool anyways

That boom boom club thing is kinda catchy. Funk jazz bass is :cool: shit.

I don't mind playing anything except for black metal and country & western.

I'll try & slap something together tonight and hopefully dropbox it tomorrow arvo. If anyone else wants to add something as well. The more the better.
    Just a rythym will be fine. It doesn't need to consist of a shit load of jazz, classical fusion chords. 1, 2, 3 or 4 basic chorder is fine. It just needs to make up a tune & pattern, or something we can work with. And yes! It is possible to create a one chord piece. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2012
    Spinster wrote: »
    I can play Guitar and sing, sometimes puberty rears its ugly head but I dont think Im too bad. maybe i could play a chain saw too haha

What sorta music you like to sing/play bro?
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited August 2012
    Shit i dont know. Bit of everything. I like singing elvis Preasly The ghetto, good song to sing when i work. I like playing lots of songs. i mostly just know a few riffs. not really any whole songs.

Sorry about the spelling, too many beerw
    edited August 2012
    Put that shit down on some audio software & post eeeeet bro. :)
    edited August 2012
    I came up blank! I got a couple of ideas sussed out & then decided they sucked. :(
    I need inspiration. All those involved with this project, please post a youtube vid of what sorta music you like to play. Perhaps we can merge the styles and it would be much easier to figure something productive out.
    edited August 2012
    Good plan :)
    edited August 2012
    [SOUNDCLOUD]

Just a composition I did earlier in the year. Got a few mistakes in :o but I'ts the most recent thing I've done.
    edited August 2012
    WoW...:eek: ^ That is totally fucking maD bro. What do you mean by a few mistakes??? I thought it was tight.

I did this when I loaded guitar rig a couple of nights ago. This was me testing it. Now this, shit is full of mistakes. Then again it was the first attempt and made up of 2 tracks. The shitty assed lead break is the 2nd. :facepalm: Sorry for the rustic guitaring. I notice I make very few playing for the fun of it but turn to shit when recording. :o
    http://db.tt/TnrMZ6vV

Totse2s compilation piece. It's not really my type of thing but I liked their originality and thought it was worth saving.
    http://db.tt/AV43QaKb/
    edited August 2012
    bornkiller wrote: »
    WoW...:eek: ^ That is totally fucking maD bro. What do you mean by a few mistakes??? I thought it was tight.

I did this when I loaded guitar rig a couple of nights ago. This was me testing it. Now this, shit is full of mistakes. Then again it was the first attempt and made up of 2 tracks. The shitty assed lead break is the 2nd. :facepalm: Sorry for the rustic guitaring. I notice I make very few playing for the fun of it but turn to shit when recording. :o
    http://db.tt/TnrMZ6vV

Totse2s compilation piece. It's not really my type of thing but I liked their originality and thought it was worth saving.
    http://db.tt/AV43QaKb/

That is most kind of you BK, first time I've shown that to anyone. It's a secret love of mine, composing :) Mistakes that I guess only I would know because it's my piece and I guess you notice more when you play/compose it. Because most of it was improvised, I had to edit a slight bit that went wrong in the piece and the edit wasn't clean cut.

Ahh, I love that piece. We did it in college and it was such fun!! Lovely to hear an acoustic too :D You and me both bro, recording turns any piece that you swear you know into something that you hate yourself for. Still, I'm glad we can record at home these days!

Totse2 was interesting to listen to. I liked what they managed to achieve other the internet, and the drums were a redeeming feature of the piece. However, the mixing of the instruments was just :facepalm: (really let the piece down) and I reckon if it had structure it would have been 2x better. The synth aspect was cool, and I reckon they could have brought that out more in the piece. Good go though, I can't think of any more challenging circumstances than numerous people creating a piece of music in different parts of the globe!! :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2012
    Damn Goingnowhere, loved the peice, Totse2 song is a bit trashy but still good. BK nice job.

I see a huge potential in this :D
  • edited August 2012
    Goingnowhere, that was incredible! Those mistakes weren't even worth talking about, the entire piece sounded awesome :D Great job. Totse2's was okay, I didn't enjoy the guitar tapping though.
    edited August 2012
    [SOUNDCLOUD]
    Fuck! I just spent more time opening a sound cloud account than putting this together. FU sound cloud. :angry:
    How about something along these lines? Ya? Nah?
  • edited August 2012
    I like it! Nice and simple chords as well (so I wouldn't have any trouble backing it ;)) You should enable the download button so we can jam to it while recording, or something :thumbsup:
    edited August 2012
    I like it! Nice and simple chords as well (so I wouldn't have any trouble backing it ;)) You should enable the download button so we can jam to it while recording, or something :thumbsup:
    I would if I could get back into my sound cloud account. I forgot I used a 10 minute mail service and forgot to save the address. Now I gotta do the "create new account" thing all over again. :facepalm:
    I'll post a couple more ideas with different styles & see what ya'll think. They're pretty simplistic as well. :)
    edited August 2012
    Goingnowhere, that was incredible! Those mistakes weren't even worth talking about, the entire piece sounded awesome Great job. Totse2's was okay, I didn't enjoy the guitar tapping though.
    Damn Goingnowhere, loved the peice, Totse2 song is a bit trashy but still good. BK nice job.

I see a huge potential in this :D

That is incredibly kind of you sirs :)

Loving the ideas BK :D Sounds great!
    edited August 2012
    Come on chaps, lets keep this thread moving otherwise it will die. Either me or BK, lets come up with a 4 chord song, with a bridge. It's a great starting point. :)
    edited August 2012
    Can you start it bro. My mixer is in bits at the moment. I've lost the L channel. :(