To make this more like totse....

v0xv0x Regular
edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
A couple things I can think of off the top of my head, others please join in.
  • No Avatars
  • No different user titles
  • Change "forum1" to "bbs"
  • Auto-subscribe to threads we post in
  • Make embeddings and vbCode as close as possible to Totse standards
  • Bring back the advertisements!
  • A HUGE amount of posters
  • The posters we lost in the move to zoklet
  • Missing a couple sections I think...
  • An admin who is unknown and does not interfere
  • Mods who are experts in their forums' field(s)
  • The complete Totse look, forum quirks, and site design
  • Public stunts and name recognition
  • A HUGE amount of posters, again. This is what made Totse what it is, period.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    All in good time. But thanks for making the list. Right now we need a new host and then we can create a huge list and start taking it down one item at a time. We will need some programmers anyway.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Like Dfg said, as soon as we can get a new host this place has some promise. Hope everyone migrates here as well.
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yea, I'm kinda just making the thread for the future. Getting a new host and more users if the top priority. Totse was built on users, and we need more of them. Publicity stunts, advertisements, and word of mouth recommendations would help, I think. I'd encourage all users to do so.
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited July 2010
    v0x wrote: »
    Yea, I'm kinda just making the thread for the future. Getting a new host and more users if the top priority. Totse was built on users, and we need more of them. Publicity stunts, advertisements, and word of mouth recommendations would help, I think. I'd encourage all users to do so.

Can we get the auto-subscribe set up asap, if it isn't already? That seems like common sense.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    v0x wrote: »
    [*]An admin who is unknown and does not interfere

This.
  • edited July 2010
    I agree with almost everything except bringing back the advertisements.

Why bother? The place looks neat and clean now. I'd hate to see it all patchy with advertisements and merch like zoklet is. It's just uattrative to the eyes. Everything else you said makes sense though. No avatars. No user titles. Shit like that. Personally I always thought the rep system was a fun game to play with people, so I wouldn't mind seeing that come back, but really it's just as unnecessary as any other worthless feature. Also, public stunts and name recognition is a great way to build community spirit.