Artist Takes a Shitload of Differnet Drugs, Draws Self Portraits After Each

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited October 2012 in Man Cave
I found this kinda interesting. Reminded me of the government LSD testing. The one where the dude in under the influence of LSD while drawing a series of pictures. But more inspiration options. :thumbsup:
aCosL.jpg

This is all kinds of cool, and everything your mother told you not to do. Bryan Lewis Saunders is an artist from Washington D.C., not just any artist though. Saunders prefers to take a more unconventional approach to his artwork.

Arguably his most interesting project, entitled DRUGS is described as follows:
“After experiencing drastic changes in my environment, I looked for other experiences that might profoundly affect my perception of the self. So I devised another experiment where everyday I took a different drug and drew myself under the influence. Within weeks I became lethargic and suffered mild brain damage. I am still conducting this experiment but over greater lapses of time. I only take drugs that are given to me.”
Below, you can view a collection of portraits Saunders drew while under the influence of various substances ranging from cocaine, to marijuana, to DMT. Each portrait is an astonishing look into the mind of someone tweaked out on drugs, something that your eyes will surely appreciate.

http://cultso.com/artist-takes-every-drug-known-to-man-draws-self-portraits-after-each-use/

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Wow! I quite enjoy showing these to people who haven't ever experienced an altered reality and explaining how things are seen with these as examples.

However I like how you get an insight into his view through his drawings. No two people on the same substance are identical so this rocks! Need some fresh material as the one documenting images drawn on LSD over 8 hours or so was getting old (will get a link)
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited October 2012
    Interesting but it's a shame he didn't let the drugs be the only influence. Would've been better if he tried each time to draw with realism, or had some constant motif so the effects of the drugs on the drawings would be easier to discern. Sort of muddles everything up when you can't tell what of the weirdness is from the chemicals and what's a conscious artistic choice. Very talented artist though, been looking at some of his other stuff.

Here's the acid drawings you were talking about by the way. http://www.cowboybooks.com.au/html/acidtrip1.html
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2012
    The patient comments on the drawings were interesting.