Home setups from hell

OnesanOnesan Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Tech & Games
Ok the thread where DocShay posted his specs got me thinking, his setup was pretty neat (not just the specs but the whole setup), which got me thinking, who has the worst (messiest cable spaghetti monster, that sorta thing, not merely shit equipment) setup, network, or rig here.

This thread is for home setups mind you, not a network operations center from hell, although if i took a walkthrough set of photos of mine it probably resembles a nigerian datacenter.

1280042915.jpg

This would be my in my living room seeing as it was closest to the cable modem and router

1280042836.jpg

Come on guys dont be shy, confess your tech sins and your spirit can be cleansed by the holy machine god today

Comments

• LostInTheWoodsLostInTheWoods Regular
    edited July 2010
    This kind of threads are always fun :D

Mine is not too bad, until you look behind the desk... cables cables cables everywhere...

Main system, note the mess of cables under the desk:
    s1.jpg

Next part is the networks desk:
    s2.jpg
    From left to right is my file server, my Pfsense router and some random switches and a crappy netgear accespoint. Cleaner than usual, removed alot of extra cables yesterday.

Cable mess behind the desks, mostly cat5/6 cables:
    s4.jpg

Some of the crap that i removed earlier:
    s5.jpg
    Took me ages to sort out all the extra network cables i never used, think it was somewhere around 23 of them behind the desk before. Should be alot less now.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Are you selling that Presario?

Mine worked perfectly for 10 years before sparking. I miss it.
  • LostInTheWoodsLostInTheWoods Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Are you selling that Presario?

Mine worked perfectly for 10 years before sparking. I miss it.

Will be put to use as soon as i get some more parts.
    Only bad thing about them is lthat they cant hold more than two harddrives, but nothing alittle moding cant fix.
    Cooling is easy to get good too, alot better than most other name brand computers.
  • edited July 2010
    Here's the setup me and my friend had going on the other day when we had a mini LAN session at his house...

p1020790e.jpg
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Got 7 old PCs in my closet running a server farm, laptop with broken screen to my 24" 1080i monitor and a shitty budget BUDGET gaming PC downstairs.