Surgery Tomorrow

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited October 2013 in Spurious Generalities
At 6:30 AM EST I will have my surgery for my shoulder. This is from the asshole that hit me on my bike. This means I will be out of commission for a couple of weeks. But the good news is that living in FL mean I can ride all year long so at least I will have my 76 shovel head waiting for me when I recover.

Speaking of my shovel head my kid was down for a visit last week and we went on a poker run together (his very first run). The run was to benefit some 12 year old girl with epilepsy. We raised over $6k for her families medical expenses after taxes. There were over 80 riders on the run with about half of us riding double for a total turnout of around 120 people. Below is a pic of me on the 76 shovel head and my boy on my 87 Sportster. While I am sure some piss ant from cocklet will cream his little draws over some PI of mine I really could care less as nt one of them can hurt me with the info. I mean if one of them did show up in my woods i would simply take them "fishing".

DSC_0010.jpg

Comments

• angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited September 2013
    Good luck with the surgery and I hope you have speedy recovery.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited September 2013
    Best wishes on the surgery brother. Keep us informed best ya can.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Good luck mate. Hope to hear from you on the other side.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2013
    5:40 am time to leave for the saw bones
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2013
    Good to see you mate, and good luck with the surgery. You will be fine.
    edited September 2013
    Well it took all of 4 hours from start to finish and this shit hurts like hell ATM. I had a tendon torn lose from the bone, a muscle torn loose from the bone, and another muscle torn in half. They have me on Valium, percocet, Soma, and Loratab but the shit still hurts like hell. On the other hand I am so buzzed if I just hada boobie I wouldn't give a flying fuck. But the pain is tolerable what is driving me nuts is looking out back at both of my bikes and not being able to ride either one ATM.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2013
    Well it took all of 4 hours from start to finish and this shit hurts like hell ATM. I had a tendon torn lose from the bone, a muscle torn loose from the bone, and another muscle torn in half. They have me on Valium, percocet, Soma, and Loratab but the shit still hurts like hell. On the other hand I am so buzzed if I just hada boobie I wouldn't give a flying fuck. But the pain is tolerable what is driving me nuts is looking out back at both of my bikes and not being able to ride either one ATM.

Well, I am sure the pain will go away with time, and yes I can't imagine how much pain you're in bro but just keep a positive outlook in life and it will get better.
    edited October 2013
    the thing that sucks is I can't ride. The first time in my life I own not one but two bikes and I can't ride
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2013
    How long is the estimated recovery time? Just got to be careful to keep it in place despite how fine it feels. Maybe it's a bloke thing, but we hate waiting about.

Just keep thinking of you as a kid when you had your leg casted up, riding your bike lol.
    edited October 2013
    They say 4 weeks before I can ride. But I still have a back and a wrist problem from the wreck soooo....