PHP Coding Showing?

panthraxpanthrax Regular
edited October 2013 in Help and Suggestions
I'm not sure if it's this way for all themes on this website, but with the "Totse" theme, you can faintly make out some PHP coding issues at the top of every page. The code will be different depending on what page you're viewing. So far I've seen:
Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 56
<<<<<<<< Your Customized Value <<<<<<<< ======== Old Default Value ======== =================================== >>>>>>>> New Default Value >>>>>>>>

And simply:
<<<<<<<< Your Customized Value <<<<<<<< ======== Old Default Value ======== =================================== >>>>>>>> New Default Value >>>>>>>>

Not sure if this is something you guys are already aware of or not. Just thought I'd throw it out there. ;)

Comments

• panthraxpanthrax Regular
    edited October 2013
    Also, the link to "Posting Your Cooking Tips" from this thread in Totseans Life is all jacked up.

See?

WL0DIzz.png

(Reducing the size of your thumbnails might help with page load time and server bandwidth also. ;) )
    edited October 2013
    And editing your own posts oftentimes places your signature right in the middle of the post, making it awkward and confusing to edit the part you intended to.

I don't mean to sound bitchy or like I'm just pointing out all the negatives, but if you guys want your community to grow into something bigger than what it is, you're going to have to fix coding mistakes/issues as well as make the page viewing experience here not a chore with gigantic thumbnails that take awhile to all load (even on broadband connections) along with gigantic YouTube embed windows. I looked at the "What are you listening to right now?" thread and thought my computer was going to have a stroke with the dozens gigantic YouTube embeds and huge thumbnail images of album covers. For a 2Ghz Pentium 4 CPU/2GB RAM on a 12MBPS broadband connection using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox that shouldn't be happening at all.

I know I'm going to come off as "the new guy" that comes to town and just complains about all the shit that is wrong with it, but I am honestly trying to offer suggestions to improve your website. Otherwise it's going to appear to be two-bit and rag-tag, you know what I mean?

Just a thought...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2013
    panthrax wrote: »
    And editing your own posts oftentimes places your signature right in the middle of the post, making it awkward and confusing to edit the part you intended to.

I don't mean to sound bitchy or like I'm just pointing out all the negatives, but if you guys want your community to grow into something bigger than what it is, you're going to have to fix coding mistakes/issues as well as make the page viewing experience here not a chore with gigantic thumbnails that take awhile to all load (even on broadband connections) along with gigantic YouTube embed windows. I looked at the "What are you listening to right now?" thread and thought my computer was going to have a stroke with the dozens gigantic YouTube embeds and huge thumbnail images of album covers. For a 2Ghz Pentium 4 CPU/2GB RAM on a 12MBPS broadband connection using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox that shouldn't be happening at all.

I know I'm going to come off as "the new guy" that comes to town and just complains about all the shit that is wrong with it, but I am honestly trying to offer suggestions to improve your website. Otherwise it's going to appear to be two-bit and rag-tag, you know what I mean?

Just a thought...

Edit: yeah the editing box is screwed up as well.

We don't have the new guy mentality here. They're all valid points.

A) The code eval error is due to VBulletin 4.2.2 conflict with some plugins. it doesn't show up on Totseans theme but it's active on Totse theme which again needs an overhaul.
    B) The sizes can be reduced. And I will tweak the image display size as well.

It's also VB default, the pages automatically resize based on browser size.

Plus the error issue showed up few weeks ago. I was meaning to fix. Let me see what I can do.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2013
    Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 5

Fixed:

Reason Vbookie incompatibility with VB 4.2.2

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2013
    Now for the loading issue, you need to trim your thread view to 30 or 40 per page. Looking to see how I can resize the video and images.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2013
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2013
    Two things:

An image resizer mod has been added.

A voting plugin has been added.
    edited October 2013
    Damn! Fast response around here! :D

Thanks man. Everything seems to be in order now. :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2013
    panthrax wrote: »
    Damn! Fast response around here! :D

Thanks man. Everything seems to be in order now. :)

Now we just need to wait for the Virgins to come.

Also, found more &T people from Reddit